Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommandation of 19"/20"/21" CRT for graphics work

Hi,

can anyone give me some recommandations of 19"/20"/21" CRT for graphics work (Photoshop and so on)? IQ is the most important factor.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by chaoliang; 4 May 2003, 15:35.

Re: Recommandation of 19"/20"/21" CRT for graphics work?

Originally posted by chaoliang
    Hi,

can anyone give me some recommandations of 19"/20"/21" CRT for graphics work (Photoshop and so on)? IQ is the most important factor.
    Thanks.
    EIZO.

very expensive, best quality.

Comment

Re: Re: Recommandation of 19"/20"/21" CRT for graphics work?

Originally posted by Kurt
      EIZO.

very expensive, best quality.
      I agree, get an EIZO u won't regret it.

EIZO rulez

Comment

Eizo is very good but it comes at a cost. If you can get your hands on a good Iiyama, you'll get a screen almost as good for a lesser price.

Comment

Sony and NEC-Mitsubishi are also good.

Rule of thumb: if it's either the top-of-the-line smaller screen or the medium-priced bigger screen, go with the smaller one, IMHO.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well for Photoshop it's better to get apperture grille (Trinitron), for CAD it's better to get shadow mask.

Apperture grille: NEC/Mitsubishi, most say it's the best monitor in it's price range.

You may want to look at IIyama as well.

Shadow MasK: Eizo, Hitachi.

Comment

He said IQ was the most important factor.

EIZO is top notch. Then it's just downhill for the rest. Sony isn't that great (especially for the price you pay!!!). There's the LaCie Electron Blue 19" that was OK (I don't even know if they still do them). Barco colour stable, if you feel your wallet deserves a heavy punishment...

The rest are OK screens, for everyday use. Professionally-speaking they're not top, even if they're good screens compared to the crap you can buy on the street...

Comment

All depends, how much is he willing to spend.

If he's willing to go for high end, Barco, Eizo and LaCie are the best choices.

Comment

If you want the best, you want an Eizo. The only pb is that your wallet may disagree :/

Otherwise, Nec/Mitsu, Sony and LaCie are really great.
                  System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

guys, i would like to throw in another name for variety or choice,
                    Viewsonic G-series ... they used to make good crts... dunno how they doing now...

btw a bit suprised no one has mentioned a cornerstone monitor here yet
                    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I've only come across one Eizo at work. Bloody horrible blurry image I was glad I finnished that job it gave me a headache looking at it.
                      I always hear good things about them so i suppose that one was one that shouldn't have left the factory.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If budget is no problem than buy yourself a Barco or LaCie CRT. They have the best IQ you can get for PrePress or Photoshop work.
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                          I've only come across one Eizo at work. Bloody horrible blurry image I was glad I finnished that job it gave me a headache looking at it.
                          I always hear good things about them so i suppose that one was one that shouldn't have left the factory.
                          that's what happens when you run a riva tnt in hi-res

Comment

LaCie is not really THAT good. Sony is too expensive (for just a little more you can get an EIZO, which is defnately better). Iiyama makes good monitors, but also some not-so.good or downright bad ones (my Iiyama MA901U is one of the latter sort )

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the recommendations!
                              I have a 17" EIZO till now and am satisfied with it so far. I'm considering to buy a larger one but I read last year that the quality of bigger CRT monitors still couldn't reach that of a 17". Is that true?
                              And, if I would like to see an original size A4 page in application frames on the screen, will 19" be enough or which should I get?

A Barco or LaCie CRT must be very professional since I've never seen them here.

Comment

Working...
                              X