• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this card?

i collect it today
    but i don't know what it is
    who can provide some detail of it ?
    Attached Files
    PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
    DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Hum, dual 15 pin D-subs, 64Bit, PCI,..... maybe 32MB ram......ist not anything above a G400, im sure even the PCI version was at least 128 Bit
    G200 never had dual head.......my guess is either the picture is fake (epson chip at the back ??) or its a a G200 MMS.....then again i may be wrong!

Comment

It's some form of Mystique (the original), and it's a 170MHz RAMDAC version, as opposed to a 220MHz. I'm guessing it's a 2MB model as well.
      Last edited by Ribbit; 3 May 2003, 10:36.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Haig should know.

Could be something MMS.

Comment

What does the white sticker on on the back say?
          (mys/xxx/xxxx, g2+/xxx/xxx, etc)
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It looks like a Matrox Mystique, PCI, 2 Mb.
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

This one?

It seemed to be used in NEC PC-98 series model RvII26.

The D95177GN is called PEGC ?

It seems to be a MPEG decoder according to the description. However, I am not capable of understanding Japanese words and the translation does not show the clear meaning, either.
              P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

1064SG is the Mystique chip, if I'm not mistaken?

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Is the date code (week 10 1997) too early for Mystique though?... it would date the card probably in mid to late 1997 manufacture based on the date codes of the memory and NEC chip.

Comment

Mem and NEC chip could well have been manufactured before the card

AZ
                    Last edited by az; 3 May 2003, 14:01.
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It can't be the original Mystique can it? I've got one right in front of me, and it doesn't look the same at all.

The one in the picture is too long for a start.

J1NG

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                        Is the date code (week 10 1997) too early for Mystique though?... it would date the card probably in mid to late 1997 manufacture based on the date codes of the memory and NEC chip.
                        No, it's fine, I got my Mystique back in 1996 Oct. Mystique classic (not 220) was available since mid 1996 I think.

I still don't think it's the original Mystique though.

J1NG
                        Last edited by J1NG; 3 May 2003, 14:47.

Comment

The original Mystiques were 1064SG's, the Mystique 220's were 1164SG's IIRC
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Yeah, 1064's were Mystique classic. Could it be one of those OEMs instead? Like the ones by Compaq?

J1NG

Comment

Looking up the model no. at the top corner of the card led me to this page :-

Look at number 3 in the first list, that suggests it's an NEC manufacturered card

All the info I can find on it is in Japanese maybe Sasq can get someone to translate
                              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X