G450 Support DirectX 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 Support DirectX 9?

Hi. I was wondering if the Matrox Millenium G450 AGP card supported DirectX 9. Right now the driver version for the video card driver is 5.86.032. There's this game I want to try but it requires DX9. And also, what is the latest version of DX9. The one provided on the CD is 4.9.0.900.

Thank you.
    - Eli

The card will run fine with DX9 installed, but it will not support all of the new features in DX9.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
      The card will run fine with DX9 installed, but it will not support all of the new features in DX9.
      Bit like Parhelia eh?
      P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

Comment

No a bit like G550 and DX7

Comment

Originally posted by Hazmat2k
          Bit like Parhelia eh?
          Not exactly... the limits on G-series cards are actual hardware limits when the chip was being designed (in G4x0 times the DX7 specs were not finalized). i.e. the Pixel Shaders / Vertex Shaders / TnL algorithms are not on the hardware (Okay maybe G550 is a sort-of exception, but for our purpose who cares)

Parhelia, on the other hand, is supposed to support Vertex Shaders 2.0. However, its not enabled on the card level i.e. through the drivers. Of course, whetever VS 2.0 is really supported on the Parhelia can be a question.

edit: of course, Parhelia does not support DX9 fully, like Pixel Shaders 2.0 and 128bit floating point color precision
          Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 2 May 2003, 21:23.

Comment

Ah, I'm all confused by this technical stuff concerning graphics boards and whatever things they use to shade and make pixels and polygons. Maybe in four years I'll understand.

But anyway, thanks fo telling me DX9 works. It's installed right now and does not seem to have any problems.

~ Eli
            - Eli

Comment

Bit like Parhelia eh?
              Was more a tongue in cheek stab at the fact that Parhelia currently supports 0 DX9 features.
              I really should've saved my money and bought a G550. Would've had pretty much all the same features.
              Then again...some people don't mind waiting 6+ months for a driver that enables everything Matrox advertised.
              P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

Comment

Was more a tongue in cheek stab at the fact that Parhelia currently supports 0 DX9 features.
                I really should've saved my money and bought a G550. Would've had pretty much all the same features.
                Then again...some people don't mind waiting 6+ months for a driver that enables everything Matrox advertised.
                Not really... the G550 doesn't even have TnL lol.. (at least they are not enabled through drivers... only for headcasting.

Comment

Working...
                X