P750 vs. G450 eTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750 vs. G450 eTV

With the exception of the capture features of the eTV card, the P750 would provide the same functionality? As far as the preview I mean.

Thanks!

Re: P750 vs. G450 eTV

Originally posted by sundog2k
    With the exception of the capture features of the eTV card, the P750 would provide the same functionality? As far as the preview I mean.

Thanks!
    not sure if you're referring to the dual-display plus tv output feature, but the G450 eTV does not offer that. PureVideo Preview is pretty much equivalent to DVDMax, but the P750 is unique in that you can run 2 VGAs and a TV with the preview full-screen on the TV.
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Sorry I was not more clear. I'll try again.

The reason I have stayed with the G450 eTV and not gone to the Parhelia is because of the ability to do video preview out to a Commodore monitor or TV. What I was wondering about the P750 is if it is essentially doing the same thing.

As clear as mud?

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry I was not more clear. I'll try again.

The reason I have stayed with the G450 eTV and not gone to the Parhelia is because of the ability to do video preview out to a Commodore monitor or TV. What I was wondering about the P750 is if it is essentially doing the same thing.

As clear as mud?

Thanks!

that's exactly what PureVideo Preview does on the P750...lets you preview video full-screen on an NTSC/PAL monitor or TV. this can be done while in either SingleHead or DualHead.
        OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Perfecto! Thanks!

Comment

Commodore monitor?

As C64 monitor? That one had some sort of BNC IIFC, but that was 10-15 years ago.

Comment

It's a model 1201 or something like that...not at home, so I cannot tell you for sure the exact model. It has RCA video input. Works great for video work. Doc M turned me on to them as an addition to the video editing system.

Comment

a 15" (14"?) monitor usually used in combination with an Amiga computer...

Comment

i'm using an old 1084 commodore display also for video- 14" and RCA input. very practical and cost me 5 bucks. best buy of the year

Comment

Where did you guys find those old Commodore monitors? I had Amigas from the 1000 to 2000 but sold the monitors. Now I would like to have them back... Any good source in the Northern Virginia area would be appreciated! I do PAL and NTSC video editing with preview on a large TV right now and could use a smaller preview screen. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by raku
                      i'm using an old 1084 commodore display also for video- 14" and RCA input. very practical and cost me 5 bucks. best buy of the year
                      yep, the RCA's are one of the best features of this screen.

Comment

actually the RCA is just the format of the plug and socket. The composite video is the nice feature.

..what? wazzat? ... oh thats the sound of a hair splitting

Comment

fberger:

eBay is where I got mine. Both at really good prices too!

Comment

Originally posted by shanebrooks
                            actually the RCA is just the format of the plug and socket. The composite video is the nice feature.

..what? wazzat? ... oh thats the sound of a hair splitting
                            I wonder if it would really make a sound...it being split so thin and all...maybe it wouldn't even create a shockwave to hit the little "air" particles?

Comment

It's a model 1201 or something like that...not at home, so I cannot tell you for sure the exact model. It has RCA video input. Works great for video work. Doc M turned me on to them as an addition to the video editing system.
                              Can you confirm it's a 1201? Or is it a 1084? I vaguely remember 1084 as being a standard Amiga monitor, but the 1201?

Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X