Colorado: F**king hardcore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado: F**king hardcore

A Coloradoan was hiking and trapped by a boulder. So he cuts off his own arm to survive. With a pocketknife.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah sure, !!!

That bloody idiot who is supposed to be an "avid outdoorsman", should have known that you should never go hiking alone in the mountains!

Comment

or eventually not without GSM phone...but I guess the possibility of using them even in mountains is somewhat Poland (smaller countries overall) specyfic...

Comment

Alright.. best lesson ever heard for not hiking alone!

Comment

I wonder how he coped with the pain, while his pocket knife sawed through the bones... must have been super painfull!
            He defenitely should have brought a satellite phone or something.. chances are there is no regular cell service there.
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I carry a small cats paw/crowbar when hunting, hiking or camping for prying stuff, but a 200 lb boulder? He couldn't push that off with the other arm? Weaking....

This guy needed to go to the gym before going out alone like that.

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 May 2003, 08:17.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The local news reported it as a 1000 lb boulder.
                Rescuers went to the location to try and retrieve the arm, but where unable to move the rock as well...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

makes more sense now... 200lbs is not very much at all...
                  did your local news say how he managed to get under such a boulder?
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Jesus! I guess if you think you are going to die, you will do anything.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Between you, me and the wall that boulder should have fell on his short arm....that way he couldn't pass on the defective brain genes that got him into that situation.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

News update:
                        He is at it again
                        My local paper reports that he will continue to climb as soon as he gets his prostesis
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Follow-up Story!

Rangers Find Arm That Climber Amputated
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Grim.. to think in the age of cell-sat phones, 99.99999% of them are used for idle chatter, but when this guy needs to call for help he doesn't have one, and has to resort to this.

I could never do that.. I WOULD never do that.. They'd find me dead first.

Comment

If the ground under the arm was loose enough he could have dug his arm out from underneath the rock, all depending on the surroundings.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X