Disabling autoplay under XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling autoplay under XP

According XP help I'm supposed to be able to turn this off under My Computer > removable devices > properties. However the tab about autoplay is missing so I'm going to have to change it in the registry. Where do I need to look?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

It's easier to find if you run TweakUI.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\CDRom
      Change Autorun to 0.

Comment

I thought if you ran Tweak UI in XP it would tell you to look where he did?

Comment

Cheers
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

btw. is there any way to disable the 'popup menu' autoplay feature in Windows XP, _without_ disabling autoplay for CDs which already have an action connected to them (i.e. they contain an autorun.inf file with an action to perform, or it's an AudioCD/DVD)?

Because I hate the popup menu in WinXP for CDs which don't have an action associated with them, but I do want the autoplay/autorun on CDs which use that.

Comment

Well, there's the half-way solution: Hold down shift when inserting a CD to disable autoplay for that particular time.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
              X