Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Chessprogramme 8 with Fritz8 and Hiarcs 8 if so I got a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Chessprogramme 8 with Fritz8 and Hiarcs 8 if so I got a question.

Okay if I have Hiarcs 8 installed on the system neither will Fritz8 or Shredder 7 will load properly.
    What happens the engines are loaded twice each with 804mb of ram allocatted to the hash tables. Result the machine grinds to halt as all it's 1 gig is used and it's swapping out.
    Hiarcs uses the old chessprogramme 7 and will load Fritz 8 and Shredder 7 happily and only once with a sensible amount for the hash tables.
    I've emailed chessbase but I'm wondering if any of you chess players had a similar problem.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Lower the hashtables sizes to reasonable amount (I'd say 256 to 384MB for each engine when running 2-3 of them) for your system.

I used to set hashtable to 256 for main engine and to 64 or 128 for Kibbitzers (512MB of RAM in my computer).

Comment

It ignores that as thats the first thing I tried. Thanks though.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well chessbase came up with a few suggestions including a direct link to the latest update which their query update feature said I didn't need. None of them worked.
        So in the end I copied all the engines to another folder. Uninstalled all the chessbase programs. Cleaned up the registry and deleted left over folders.
        Re-installed fritz8 and updated. copied the engines back and no more problems. Fritz8 loads once and can now run. It seems theres a problem between Haircs8 and Fritz8.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X