Vote for none of the above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for none of the above

Local elections today and no doubt some dozy plonkers are voting on national issues.
    Anyway after a lot of consideration I ain't going to bother. The main two parties here are the Liberals and Labour. They are as crap as each other and love wasting our money. Tories I can't vote for on principle. That leaves the Greens who I ain't going to vote for and the local solicalist nutter who will waste even more money than the Liberals and the Labour party.
    Therefore I'll save my legs and Vote for non of the above.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

It would be best to go and spoil your paper then and really vote for "None of the Above..."
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

wheeew, topic scared me.
      I thought was another poll.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Spiral might have been happy to see another poll.
        --Insert something here--

Comment

Gnep why bother walking over to do that???
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just for fun...you can also draw, for example, anarchy sign on voting paper

Comment

i once got called in to shcool to vote for the school president... (i was absent on day of elections... me an 3 others) i was the last one to vote... put in a blank paper.... walked out and the principal ran after me.... "you didnt vote for any one"
              me: thats right

her: but you have to vote

me: no i dont ... not when i am not convinced of any of the candidates... its my right based what this school preaches about; democracy... whats more you just violated my rights by looking to see what i voted for... this is not called a secert balot for nothing... have a good day..

and i walk out of her office ... just befor i closed the door behind me i glanced at her ... she was standing there paper in one hand lifted half way up and her mouth wide open...

this is the highschool principal ... the one that i did not like that much.. and it was mutual.... lucky for me the head principal had very high thoughts for me inspite of my not so great GPA.... and usualy i am a very quiet and agreable person... no fights... no misdemenors (even when i did get into a fight or do something wrong i would go and confess my wrong doings... always got of the hook to her dismay)

once i had a fight with a guy who was under probation and if he got in one more fight he would have been expeled... he just had to make fun of me in the mens looker room and it got ugly... twice my size yet i pined him down...we where both taken to the HS principal... she was so glad to finaly have cought me on something and that she was finaly getting rid of the other guy... just as she was about to atart her speach to us... i stood up and said that I started the fight not he... and that he acted out in self defence only....

she just stared at me for a few minuts then rubed her eyes..... "go away samer... "

me: what no detention... no probation... no punishment....

her: just go away please.... and take him with you...... (pointing to the other guy who was siting on the chair gaping

moral of the story: i dont know... i lost my way some where... what did you expect... i am confused......
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Gnep why bother walking over to do that???
                Shows that you really are voting "None of the above", rather than being placed in with the lazy bunch
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Aye... I forced myself to vote....

Perhaps there *should* be a none of the above option....
                  Instead, I voted as always for Lib Dem. Not because I agree with their policies, (I couldn't even name one! ), but because I feel that its time to let some other party bugger up the country.
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Dammit! I should have voted Jedi!
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well I was walking past and thought sod it and voted anyway.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Which box did you end up ticking??

On a side note, I can rememeber being shouted at by my parents for asking how they voted.... Hiding your opinions seems a really odd concept.

Comment

You have to vote. If you don't you have no right complaining. If you feel so strongly that none of the candidates reflect your views, then damn well stand yourself. Otherwise, just bend over and take it, like most of the saps in this country do.

Nuff said.

T.
                          FT.

Comment

Perhaps there *should* be a none of the above option....
                            Do what I did - scribble "None of the above" across all the boxes - it gets put as "soiled"

I voted as normal in the other 2 though, council was a choice of SNP or Labour [x], and MSP proportional vote was a choice of everybody (Green [x]). Did not really pay much attention to the policies this year (for all it matters ), but fancy getting the Green's a seat.

The alternative parties I do generally like, but you need Labour or Conservatives to run the country (Liberal Democrats at a stretch...)
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
                              You have to vote. If you don't you have no right complaining. If you feel so strongly that none of the candidates reflect your views, then damn well stand yourself. Otherwise, just bend over and take it, like most of the saps in this country do.

Nuff said.

T.
                              Nonsense.
                              Everyone has the right too abstain. If you vote for a candidate you don't believe in how can you moan. You voted for what they stood for so you've got to shut up.
                              If you vote for someone who's policies you agree with and they don't do them, yep you can moan then.
                              As for standing for myself will you give me loads of dosh to do it???
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X