G400MAX + DirectX 9 OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX + DirectX 9 OK?

Well, subject really says it all; Can I use the good old G400MAX with DirectX 9 games?

J.
    <a href="http://jonr.beecee.org/">ME!</a>

G400 runs fine with DX9 installed.
    It does not support all new DX9 features (though no games right now do either).
    You can install DX9. It will still work. There will be certain features in certain games that you won't be able to use.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, DX9 will have to be emulated in software. Haig said they'll release DX9 compatible drivers (just compatible, G400 lacks hardware features for DX9).

Comment

I'm running a G400MAX with no issues on a Duallie...and loving it! I don't game with it much, but it will play the older games with aplomb.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Am I the only one who missed the DirectX9 relevance from the above post
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Well, the point is that I've been trying to get a new game running that demanded DX9. I was thinking if it were problems with DX9/G400 combo.

(www.eve-online.com, btw)
            J.
            <a href="http://jonr.beecee.org/">ME!</a>

Comment

I can tell from the screenshots that this game probably uses some features of DX which g400 doesn't support in hardware (and overall just doesn't have the juice to run something like that).
              Although from what I see it's only beta...so there is SLIGHT chance that it will support older hardware in final release...but I wouldn't count on it much.

Too bad I must say ...this thing interested me a while ago in some way. Looks to me a little like Homeworld from the perspective of individual (and online...)
              Overall - if you plan to play new games, g400 won't be enough...

edit: on their page there's this:
              The following graphic cards are not supported by
              EVE:
              Matrox Millenium - G400 & G450
              (among older cards from other vendors)

Because the game requires hardware t&l, which G-series lacks.
              Maybe 3dAnalizer could do the trick (do a search for it here) but performance would be dissapointing probably...

second edit: and there's also this:
              The minimum resolution to play EVE is 1024x768.
              hmmm...little strange - but definetely g400 with 3dAnalizer can't handle such game in this resolution (if running the game is possible at all that is...)
              Last edited by Nowhere; 1 May 2003, 13:54.

Comment

Working...
              X