Networking "?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking "?"

I've a mate that's trying to network a win 98SE 900 MHz Rig with his new 2.66 Ghz Win XP rig, and is having problems... Having not ever done this myslef, is there anything I should tell him, as a suggestion? or are there any commen problems that arise when trying to do this? Thanx for any help

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

the XP needs to have the logon name/pass of the win98se box as a user
    for example
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

And the user Technoid mentions can't have a blank password on the XP box.
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

hey thanx guys, I'll tell him that, and see if that solves the problem...

~Sethos
        "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X