Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

For some reason in task manager in the performance section my cpu usage is at 100 % ?? it really weird and I cant get it to change, I've tried rebooting and system restore but to no avail.

click processes (or something like that) in the same window - there you'll see which application eats cpu time.

Comment

If you look on the Processes tab it will tell you what's taking up all the time

You wouldn't be running XP and done a Windows Update recently as one of the later patches is known to cause that problem.
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

You can do the processes tab and see what is taking up time or if you've installed any software lately especially freeware or shareware you can run "msconfig" from the run command under start and see if any startup apps have been added...I've found this to be a massive problem with kazza, gator and various apps like that...

~Sethos
        "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah thx guys, I closed the offender what windows update causes it and how do you fix it permenantly ??

Comment

See this thread

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

It could be a critical security update Q811493 that is causing the troubles, witch you can un-install using "Add/Remove programs" procedure. It will warn you that the programs you have installed after this update, may not work properly, but I haven't have any problems with those, when I did un-install this update couple of days ago.

Btw, I didn't notice any difference after installing this update, but I un-installed it anyway when I saw the thread mentioned above...

Comment

I believe the file causing the problem was cmd32, and thx Taz

Comment

Working...
                X