X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets and PCs don't mix.

Poor chap!
    FT.

You can't teach them not to do this, either.. too much instinct and not enough brains. That's why you keep rabbits in a cage outside. I suppose this guy found out the hard way.

btw, I caught my cats chewing on my speaker wires once. After a very effective but politically incorrect punishment, they never did it again. If he wants a furry critter around, he needs to get one with some gray matter between the ears.
    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 30 April 2003, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
      he wants a furry critter around, he needs to get one with some gray matter between the ears.
      No kidding. We had a lop (floppy-eared rabbit) & my wife left him out once...meaning just once.

Damned thing tried to chew through a 220 volt power cord and hit the wrong pair of wires

Dinner is served.....

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Back about 15 years ago my cat decided to sharpen his claws on a new tower speaker I'd just finished. Seein that I was in test mode at the time I set up a pink noise generator and preset the volume for a considerable SPL's. Needless to say that cat was paranoid to even get near anything that resembled speakers after that
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Glad I don't have to sodder all those wires back together!!

~Sethos
          "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Dr. Mordrid!

You seem to have a Millenium P already!
            Does it have the "banding" feature?

Comment

I've seen cats chew up keyboard cords at my old job. Thankfully my cats and dog haven't desided to dine on my PC yet...though my dog did chew up my power connector for my digital camera
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Why all of them are so tasty to pets apparently?

Comment

They resemble their natural enemies... worms.

Comment

Yes, Dr Mordrid, could you plea post a thread in general hardware and tell a what you can.

Comment

Back in my waterbed delivery days we had a customer who had bought a softsided waterbed and a big wall unit headboard with the touchstrip control for the lights...

One day she called and said the lights had gone crazy the night before while she was reading in bed, blinking on and off at random. She got all paranoid that something was going to catch fire and unplugged the lights and needed us to check it out.

Nearly an hour spent draining the bed enough to pull it away from the wall unit and get behind the headboard to check the lighting control module, and I find that the wire leading from the touchstrip to the control module is all chewed up and there's a very guilty looking cat lurking around...

Replaced the wire and tied it up so it wouldn't be a temptation. Showed the old wire to the lady and we managed to get a fair laugh out of it. But Ye Gods, what a hassle!

Kevin

Comment

my dog onve shewed off my gatsby rayban shades handles.... only shades i ever wore..
                        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

What a cute little demonic rabbit

Only problem I have with my cats is the hair I pull out of my rig.

Comment

They taste like Chicken!!!!....LOL
                            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

w00t. He learn the hard way.

Hope I will never get that!

Comment

Working...
                              X