32bit DVDmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32bit DVDmax

Is it possible to output MPEG-4 files via DVD-MAx in the Marvel g400 in 32bit color? I was wondering this because asf files look a lot more spectacular in 32bit color than 16bit.

Perhaps this is not suppported or maybe there is something you have to do outside of powerdesk.

Any help is appreciated

Sci
    simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

of course it is... just make sure that you don't set your resolution too high, since it needs a lot of extra memory to create an overlay surface in 32 bit, which is needed for DVDMax.

Set resolution to 800x600 or maybe 1024x768 when trying to watch movies with 32 bit through the TV-Out

Comment

Sure you can... just make sure that the resolution of the file is a 16 multiplier, if not the file won´t display at all ( through the TV out of course )

Comment

that depends on the codec that is used. With Mpeg-1 and Mpeg-2, a multiple of 16 is needed indeed to use overlay properly, and with MS Mpeg-4 (and DivX), you need an multiple of 32 for the horizontal res.

Comment

Well the clip I am trying to out put is a divx clip at 352x288. Even after lowering the resolution it still doesn't go out. It is interesting to note that MJPEG clips, DVDs and I think most mp2 clips output fine at 32bit color.

Strange?

Sci
          simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Comment

I bet you deleted the divx_c32.ax file in your Windows\system directory...

re-install DivX ;-) and don't delete this file

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.

Its all working great now!

Sci
              simon@pcarroll.cjb.net

Comment

Working...
              X