Help with pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pool

One of the threads got me an idea - to post a pool where you can express what are the best drinkers in your opinion/from your experience (must decide that also...). But it would be good if I knew all the major options first.
    Any other than Australians, Finns, Japanese, Polish and Russians?

Us of course.

BTW, French IIRC drink most alcohol per capita per year, however they mostly drink wines with meals.

Comment

Yeah Utwig, I've heard what happened to French when people I know were drinking real stuff with them

(no offence to anybody - everybody here admit I guess that there are differences worth thinking about when it comes to amount of ‰ that represants of different nations are able to consume
      besides, I know I would end like the French mentioned by me above if I, for example, would eat....ermmm...things they eat daily
      so you see that I am fully aware this works for both sides - it just depends about what (to consume) we're talking about. Currently we're talking about ‰ )
      Last edited by Nowhere; 29 April 2003, 17:32.

Comment

Well we had cases when people got arrested when driving drunk and according to alcotests they should have been clinically dead from the amount of alcohol in blood.

Comment

If I'm nor wrong, the Danes drink the most in EU.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Comment

I went on tour with a small orchestra to Japan a few years back. (Only as an extra - my brother was part of it and I wanted to see Japan). We were wondering why we were all regularly drinking quite so much - and then realised that everybody was from Northern Europe in some way - ie British, Dutch, German, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norweigan and some others... and we all came from drinking cultures - so I would say that the answer is anyone from a relatively northern clime... Gotta do something to keep warm in the winter.

PS and yes, the packs of Japanese businessmen/women prowling Tokyo can certainly drink too!
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I wouldn't really be surpriced either Novdid, but then again it might just be all the swedes visiting Copenhagen that ruins the statistics
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Yes those one day Baltic cruises into international waters, where duty free can open door widely.

Comment

Old stats I think we we ´re up to something like 11L of vodka/person last year and thats counting the whole population and not just thouse of legal age!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20011003IE1 another article from 2001
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Another one http://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/AER...onsumption.htm Just do a search on google!

Comment

Utwig, about what you said, I did a little search...

It appears that in the 70s in Denmark propably was produced vodka on which was written: "Lethal dose is 4,5 ‰ of alcohol in blood. Does not concern Polish and Russians" (or inhabitants of USSR probably then...and in some versions I've found was also "Scandinavians" ).

Seriously, while medical books say something ~4,5 ‰ (and I've found also that "western" ones state only ~3,5) reality here (apparentlu N, E, and central Europe) verify those estimates. I've found one example where somebody has 10,1 ‰...over 1 %...and he survived (of course records are higher...but ending isn't good in those...)

Comment

Random Quote: you guys seriously ...<CENSORED>

Comment

The university I'm going to next year currently holds the world record for most Alchahol consumed in one day (ST. Paddy's )

~Sethos
                            "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X