Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of a high performance preproduction sample Parhelia board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of a high performance preproduction sample Parhelia board.

This board appears to be about %10 faster than the retail version of Parhelia 128MB boards.

Let me know what portions of the board to get closer on. I took these a few minutes ago at night and the lighting was horrible, plus the flash kind of ruins it. I tried it w/o flash and it sucked worse.

I am on dialup, so if anyone wants the 1600x1200 source image from my camera please let me know and I don't mind uploading them somewhere.

Anyhow, here ya are.
    Attached Files
    I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
    No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

another one

you get more of the lead wire on this one.

Like I said, I need to do these pics during the day with some good lighting.

[edit]

Sorry for the double post, and to answer the response to the other dupe post I made:

I posess it, that is all anyone needs know. If I gave up my sources the Matrox-police would assinate the source.

It is rather an interesting story. This board has been through alot, and it is doing a wonderful job in my case. I'll get more detailed pics of it up and running. Oh and for one more thing, how do I get he PINS file?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DedicatedFan3D; 28 April 2003, 21:52.
    No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Comment

You deleted my last post
      Any chance of running PowerStrip to see the core/mem clock?
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Never thought to try powerstrip....

good idear!

I'm almost afraid to tamper w/it though. I know that the way this board responded to the 104 drivers was very strange. You could get everything working fine, but once you changed resolutions or refresh rate the monitor would go into sleep mode and you'd have to reboot.

However, in triplehead/dualhead you can change resolutions to your heart's content.

Comment

Looks like a normal Parhelia board.
          Are there any differences on your one?
          Last edited by George YS; 29 April 2003, 00:06.

Comment

That's a regular old 'green wire special'.
            The same as all the BBz have, and was shipped out to many reviewers early on.
            There is no difference between that card and the final release version other than that green wire.
            Should be clocked at OEM speeds, and perform as any OEM card, unless a previous owner modded the PINs.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Use PowerStrip and se what the core/mem is clocked at.......

OEM Parhelia is 200Mhz and Retail Parhelia is 220Mhz I think

Comment

what was the green wire for?

Comment

Simply an additional ground that was later incorperated into the final PCB.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

try it on a scanner , the image quality is amazing compared to a photo.
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                      try it on a scanner , the image quality is amazing compared to a photo.
                      Especially a sheet feed or handheld one

Comment

Actually Ken the longest of the three green wires is power to the external clock that was changed from an earlier design.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan3D
                          Oh and for one more thing, how do I get he PINS file?
                          After you have put your Matrox Parhelia Driver CD into your cd-drive (close the setup program, if it starts), go to Start menu -> Run.

Type the following:
                          d:\SysUtils\pbioswin /d c:\pinsfile.txt , where the first d is a letter of your cd-drive.

On drive c: you should now find the pinsfile.txt . Open it.
                          Lines #36 and #56 tells you the speed of your GPU and Ram:

For example, if they are
                          Line 36: 200000 and
                          Line 56: 500000, you have OEM version (200/500 MHz).

If they are
                          220000 and
                          550000, you have retail version (220/550 MHz).

Comment

Hello.

I changed my Parhelia's cooling fan.

Matrox Parhelia(FR) 128MB with ZALMAN ZM-GWB1
                            My Matrox history:G550, Parhelia

Comment

Hello Kuriton... The URL doesn't work... Pity. Nice looking avatar, though!

Comment

Working...
                              X