Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding nforce2 chipset to add tv-out

Here's a tricky one....

I want to build a 4 inch high desktop PC to replace my DVD player. I really want to use an nForce2 motherboard, but so far have only found 3 in MicroATX format. Of these, 2 have 5.1 sound but no tv-out, the other has tv-out but only 4 channel sound....

The question is, would it be possible to wire up my own TV-out port to the IGP chip on the motherboard? If so, does anyone have any idea which pins I would need to connect to?

I really can't believe that Shuttle and Biostar both produce a fully specced MicroATX motherboard without TV-out, and Chaintech don't offer the full nForce2 sound system

I know I could just go for a complete Shuttle solution, but I would rather have a solution that is more DVD player shaped.

Thanks for any help

Overclockers UK sell a dedicated AGP TV out card for the Shuttle NForce2 itx mobo, if thats any help.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Rob, I assume you posted the question before you found this

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

@ Taz - yeah, spent all day looking for a board like that and was getting desperate. Gonna try and check with Aopen that that board will work with their FlexATX case PSU.

@RichL - just out of interest is the card for the seperate Shuttle motherboard?

Comment

or a (slightly) expensive option is using an external vga to Tv converter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
            @ Taz - yeah, spent all day looking for a board like that and was getting desperate. Gonna try and check with Aopen that that board will work with their FlexATX case PSU.

@RichL - just out of interest is the card for the seperate Shuttle motherboard?
            Absolutely no idea, but the Shuttle XG41 I had for a week appeared to be fitted with a stock shuttle mini-itx mobo and not something special, so I'd guess it would work.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I built a Shuttle SFF computer a couple of weeks ago. Very small box, very quiet box. Though yes, it's not DVD shaped.

You could however go with a CoolerMaster ATC-611, which is a modified 610 that fits standard sized ATX motherboards:

Good luck trying to find one though. You may have to get it special ordered.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Kustom PC's do the 600, 610 and the 630 but not the 611

The 630 does look nice though

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Yep, they do look nice.

Fortunately they seem to be a centimetre or two too high, otherwise I might be tempted and they cost more than I can afford to spend.

Comment

Working...
                  X