Diablo 2 - Lord Of Destruction issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 2 - Lord Of Destruction issues

I decided to install Diablo 2 and the expansion pack Lord Of Destruction again yesterday.

What came as a surprise is that when I'm in shops and browsing for items to buy, display errors occur. Specificly what is occuring is that some of the images for the items I can buy flickers other places on the screen aswell, but enlarged 2-5x the size..

This is annoying, but it is in no way a major problem. Stability and useability is not affected.

I'm running in 800x600 in D3D using default settings in both Diablo2 and Matrox Powerdesk.

I use:
    Matrox Parhelia v1.04
    Windows 2000 SP3
    Directx 9
    Diablo II - LOD v1.09D

I also tried to enable/disable FSAA 16x and texture filtering, but these did nothing to change the issue. And unfortunately I could not see any differences in quality either.

I sure hope new drivers will solve this problem..

-=Dead2=-

It's a quite well known fact that the D3D in Diablo2 is very badly coded, and you are much better off running DirectDraw or a Glide emulator.
    <font size="-4">User error:
    Replace user and try again.
    System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
    System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
    </font>

Comment

D3D in Diablo2 sucks imensily!!
      I have always had use DD to be able to play without the 486 effect!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Had no problems with either G400 or GF2MX.

Comment

Still, it happens for some on some not
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X