Abit NF-7 nForce2 @166 Mhz FSB
    Fresh installed WindowsXP + Service Pack 1
    For both Cards the latest Driver
    System:
    P III-S 1.4@1.52
    512 MB SDR-Ram
    Gigabyte-6IEML
    Matrox Parhelia

This should belong in the Benchmark section.

Comment

Moved to the benchmarks forum
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

How do you do.

My Parhelia's 3DMark03 score is 903.

I changed Parhelia's cooling fan.
        But, it works correctly while its core clock is at ~220MHz.

How much could everyone overclock Parhelia?
        Matrox Parhelia(FR) 128MB with ZALMAN ZM-GWB1
        My Matrox history:G550, Parhelia

Comment

Hi Kuriton welcome

I also changed the fan.
          Look here:

I can sometimes overclock to core 245MHz, memory 655MHz.
          But only when the weather is cold enough

My 3DMark03 score is 1025 (242/650).
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Hi WyWyWyWy.

You are great!

I was surprised at the picture that you told me.

I can't attach memory heatsink because GPU heatsink is too big!

Comment

Yours is also very good!!
              What do you use to attach the heatsink to GPU?
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Hi.

I used two screws when I attched the heatsink.

I bought the heatsink at a bargain counter.
                The heatsink cost $8.5.
                It originally supports Pentium4 series, but, It had so many fins that I could attached by some screws.

This original cooling system's special feature is that because we used some screws, we can remove the heatsink after attaching.

Thanks.

Comment

i have a question, when all you people overclock, do you actually notice a difference other than in benchmark programs? i think generally you would be better off just buying better components rather than spending money on cooling to improve inferior products.
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
                    i have a question, when all you people overclock, do you actually notice a difference other than in benchmark programs? i think generally you would be better off just buying better components rather than spending money on cooling to improve inferior products.
                    I think that the general idea is not about getting the fastest components but more about the challenge of seeing how far you can push your current hardware.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Hello.

We, overclockers, use benchmark programs as one of how to compare video card performances.
                      But I don't look into only benchmark result.
                      I bought Parhelia because I liked the sharp displaying that had.
                      So I needed not other cards but Parhelia.

In short, I want a more 3D performance with the sharpness like Parhelia has.

So I spent money to cool Parhelia to raise performance.
                      Of course, I know wasting money is pointless, and I'd like to spend money as low as possible.

And else why I bought Parhelia is I thought no other video cards can display clearer than Parhelia.

Comment

i bought parhelia because of its quality and triple head was a must for me afetr seeing it in action, i can get this feature no where else though if ati sold a triple head 9800 my parhelia would be for sale tomorrow, i overclock it to get the best triple head performance possible, for the record i have an oem with a zalman heatpipe on it and coolermaster ramsinks and a silent fan blowing over it all, i can oc to 230/620 in ut2003 but for some reason my favourite game operation flashpoint will only allow me to clock to 224 without a freeze, must use different pipelines or more of the chip that ut2003. faa and aniso always on of course
                        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Yes overclocking is just a challenge.
                          I don't usually overclock my Parhelia (expensive!), no point to.

I totally agree with Kuriton and Borat, but my need is 2 crt + tv instead of vanilla triple-head.

By the way, overclocking is actually a fun hobby Same with modding too. I'm looking to go the watercooling route shortly After I win some lottery.

Comment

Working...
                          X