Marvel to RT2000 upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel to RT2000 upgrade questions

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered an RT2000!

I have both a Diamond MX300 and a Soundblaster Live (mp3+) card, both are approved hardware on Matrox's list, but which one should I use with the RT2000 in the interest of stability and low CPU usage?

Is there a recommended slot order for specific cards with the RT2000 (I have a SCSI, Ethernet and Soundcard)?

Finally, I have a lot of files in the G200 Marvel Matrox MJPEG format - what is the best way to transcode them to use on the RT2000 system? Should I transcode to DV or MPEG2 or can I install the Morgan MJPEG codec to read the Matrox MJPEG files?

TIA
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

cjyo~

Congrats on your choice

Maybe you should try the MX300 first.

In my experience, the RT2000/G400flex combo is quite easy to setup, but then again...

The different IRQ assignments of the RT2K devices are not the most obvious, but using some simple logic gets you what you want, and the cards are not that picky about sharing (provided that you have a good no-nonsense motherboard ).

You will need a software MJPEG codec to read the Marvel files, and I thought one came with the RT2K, but I must have missed it with my last motherboard change/Windows re-installation, as I couldn't find it in installed codecses now.

Comment

The Pegasus PICVideo MJPeg softcodec works great for reading MJPeg files when the RT-2000 is installed. Just make sure to fill out the free licencing agreement so their logo is off the output files. Get it at;

http://www.jpg.com/video/mjpeg.htm

When you go to install the RT-2000 I'd suggest first uninstalling the Marvel drivers, including the G400 video drivers. When it reboots select the Standard VGA adapter.

When things finally settle down go into RegEdit and delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Matrox entry. Close RegEdit to save the change. Now reboot and run RegClean.

When it comes back up after installing the RT-2000 cards install Premiere 5.1c first, then the Video Tools. Now install Inscriber and the rest of the bundle.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks for the help.

When is Win2K support due...? And is the Premiere 6 upgrade free?
        Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

hey wanna sell your g400tv?
          ==
          "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Working...
          X