New Frameserver for Mediastudio, Vegas & Premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Frameserver for Mediastudio, Vegas & Premiere

New Frameserver for Ulead Mediastudio, Adobe Premiere, and Vegas available... :

It's freeware

Many Thanks to the author: Mr. Satish Kumar
    T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
    Italian Editing Video Forum

I've been using the VideoTools.net VideoServer for MSPro and Premiere for some time with excellent results in both.

That said I've also tried PluginPak with both Premiere and MSPro with TMPGEnc and MainConcept with good results.

What I not yet done is put a stopwatch on both to see if there are any speed differences.

Comparison;

VideoServer Pro ($25 USD) has more features, the Link2 import server, an updated AVISynth scripting tool and the ability to apply AVISynth scripts during the serve.

VideoServer also can do 3:2 pulldowns, convert the usual RGB24 stream to RGB32 for encoders that don't support the former (DivX 2pass for one) and its *.vio can be copied to other Ulead programs for frameserving (VideoStudio, Cool3D, Cool3D Studio....even GIF Animator ). I find using it from Cool3D Studio a distinctly non-trivial feature.

PluginPak is a bare-bones videoserver (which has advantages and dis-advantages), it's free and it has a plugin for Vegas Video. I have yet to determine if PluginPak's plugin will work in other Ulead programs.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 April 2003, 01:00.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Have just tested it, Doc. I DVD-compliant-MPEG'd a ~3 min 20 sec clip (DV AVI) via it to TMPGEnc at 6000 CBR and obtained a 164 Mb file. For comparison, I did the same with the inbuilt MSP7 encoder. The file was 142 Mb. Interestingly, PowerDVD would not look at the MSP-generated file, at all. Playing both back in full screen MSMP produced no significant quality difference (there were no very fast movements in the clip, likely to produce 'orrible artifacts). I then did something really nasty: I put the 2 MPEG files into Va and Vb and scissored out the 2 - 10 sec bits from Vb, cutting at the middle of each scene and re-rendered. On playing that back full screen, I honestly could not detect where the 31 transitions took place, either visually or audibly, except for an almost imperceptible jerk in a few cases. I then re-rendered the chopped-up timeline back to DV, so as to be able to play it back to the TV via the ADVC-100. This also showed no difference in video and audio quality between the Va and Vb segments, although with a slight drop in visual quality from the original AVI file, because of the intermediate MPG stage, again with mostly smooth transitions.

I think this proves that the mpg.now is not at all bad, probably as good as TMPGEnc for most jobs.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yes....but then there are the times when there is the need to daisy-chain;

(MSPro or Premiere) => VirtualDUB for processing => encoder

where => is a frameserve

Still, one has the option of using TMPGEnc or MainConcept standalone etc. etc. for the encoder. Each has its strengths. Even so MC is much faster; internally or externally.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X