Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple copies of Sonic Foundy audio filters loading into MS Pro 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple copies of Sonic Foundy audio filters loading into MS Pro 7?

I've noticed this effect for quite a while but never really thought about it. It takes quite a while for all of my audio filters to load when I start up MS Pro 7. I thought this was just because I have a lot of filters between having Sonic Foundry 6.0 and Vegas Audio 2.0 installed.

Then I took a close look at the audio filters in the Production Library under Audio and noticed I have over 1000 audio filters!

There are many copies of the same filter. For example, I have 114 copies of the Sonic Foundry Amplitude Modulation filter.

These cannot be deleted with a right click option.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on here? I'd like to just have one copy of each filter to speed up start up and working with the audio filters in the production library.

Thanks for any insight.

- Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I certainly see duplicates with 7 Pitch Shifts, but not all are duplicated...just a selected few. Might be something about their installation since most of mine are from the VV trialware.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Do you have any idea of the logic behind how MS Pro 7 processes the "list" of audio plug-ins? Or where that information resides on the computer?

I do notice about a 10 second "hang" while my 114 Amplitude Modulation filters and other duplicates are loaded. Plus, it can't be helpful to have all of the duplicates loaded.

-Mark
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Dunno what's happening here.

I only see 1 copy of SF's Amplitude Modulation filter under Win2K SP2. I also see some dithers duplicated and doubleclicking on one (Distortion) crashed MSP7 to the desktop.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 April 2003, 10:48.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

All I know is that this problem does not occur with Cakewalk Direct X filters.

So it is possibly unique to Sonic Foundry Direct X filters for whatever reason.

Jerry Jones
          I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

All of the duplicates show up in the production library under "audio," but not under audio filters when you right click an audio file in the timeline and add a audio filter.

-Mark
            - Mark

Comment

Yup...and the info's been sent on to Ulead.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
              X