Upgrade from hell The fight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from hell The fight.

In the Red corner waying in at around £160 from Creative the Audigy 2 Ex partnered by at £340 Sapphire 9800 pro. In the blue corner weighing too much The PIT partnered by Symantec ghost weighing around £30.

The first two rounds the Sapphire takes on The PIT however armed with Drive cleaner he easily controls the ring winning points easily. However the third round the Sapphire brings out the ME upgrade move and The PIT struggles several times not responding and nearly counted out by the ref. However with a few swashbuckling cold reboots that stun the Sapphire while a safe mode move leave the Sapphire realing. The Sapphire responds with the control panel but The PIT throws it out of the ring.
    Meanwhile Creative flexes it's muscles in frustration itching for action. Surprisingly The Sapphire comes out for the fourth trying the XP move this fails completly and feeble control panel move is met strongly by the 3Dmark move from The PIT. The Sapphire is down for the count and is counted out.
    Clearly Angry by the fall of his comrad Audigy storms into the ring The Driver uninstall rountine surprisingly fails to upset The PIT however the reboot move is met strongly by the Audigy and The PIT is down. Flushed by his success Audigy piles in with not responding moves and it look like The PIT is going to go down and stay down. Now anxious Ghost offers to help but The PIT waves him away.
    Taunting the crowd Audigy flies out at the start of the sixth but is stunned by a powerful F8 and safe mode move. Suddenly he's realing from a series of deadly control panel removals. Sapphire shouts encouragement but goes pale with the regedit move followed by a amazing delete creative folder smash. The bell stops Audigy from further punishment.
    Looking weakened and with Ghost jumping up and down in the corner with delight, Audigy is left staggering round the ring with a perfectly timed driver install. The Audigy responds with the no instructions move to the speaker connection from The PIT however he's still too weak from the earlier punishment. A session of booming speaker moves leave him bloodied but not yet down. Meanwhile Sapphire taunts the crowd yet unwillingly to help his collegue. Ghost smiles smugly knowing he'll not be needed. In a last attempt of defiance the Audigy tries the XP move but goes down immediatly to the driver install. Laugthing The PIT delivers the speaker test and The Audigy is down and out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

LOL. Congrats.

Comment

Hurrah!
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Suddenly theres deafening music from the back. It's Enermax EG651P-VE Ghost hits him with steel screw driver to no effect a quick flick of trailing power cords and Ghost is lost in the crowd.
          The PIT tries tempory disconnection move but Enermax shrugs it off grabbing The PIT by the throat and slams him to the deck.
          In the melee that enuses Enermax takes the mike an announces to the world he will never be defeated.

Too be continued.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
              You haven't had much experiance of Creative and ATI drivers have you. They're not the best in the world.

Present ATI drivers have a problem with 98 and ME with certain configurations and tend to need a lot of nursing to install manually. The auto setup will not work. Creative chuck shit all over the place and again cause tons of problems. Sometimes forcing you to resort too using regedit and deleting folders that should have been removed via the uninstaller.
              So I presented this struggle as sort of boxing/wrestling fight combined.

I then discovered my power supply wasn't up to it. So like WWf or whatever they call it now a wrestler came from the back and flattened the trumphant wrestler.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X