P-Series - Any benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-Series - Any benchmarks?

Any benchmarks for the P650 and 750? I'm curious how they compare to the full blown Parhelias, the radeons and GF4.

No not yet.
    Waiting on news.

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

*High salivates Duckman style in anticipation.*

Comment

I am considering one for a Dual processor system I want to build.

Comment

I too am veryh interested to see some reviews and maybe a couple of benchmarks for show.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well when and if I get one, what exactly do you all want to see. and i mean doable

Here is your chance to customize a review - I already have my plan lets see if you can help me add to it

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

IF you can get one, when would it be??

Of course benchmarks on pro-workstation-3D tests.
              Some real game benchmarks, but 3dmark03 is not important.
              All benchmarks should have a Parhelia included.

Then, 2D quality comparison? This is difficult to provide data though Only objective observations...

And...
              - TV-out quality
              - Heatsink removal <-- I'm very interested in this whether it is the same as Parhelia
              - max overclocking (if MSTU allows you to do that)
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

1) don't know yet.

2) was planning on it. Was also planning on indexing the results compared to Parhelia and a G550 (which is really what these cards are replaceing)

3) I'll assume its the same as P (but will test)
                4) I'll assume its the same as P (don't know if I can test, but I'll ask)
                5) No idea .....

Dan
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

May I add "bug-fixes" to the list.
                  I.e. banding, 16xAA (if avaliable), aniso filtering.

EDIT: also heat, as compare to Parhelia
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Oh 1 important thing that comes to my mind... is Matrox making drivers for AMD64?

IIRC AMD previewed an Athlon 64 rig with a G450, running DualHead. I think it took place in this hotel across the Intel Developer Forums 2003.

Comment

The performance might not drop as much as what we think if Matrox carefully redesigned the memory controller inside ParheliaLX. However, the nVidia chipset always suffers from memory bandwidth problem in very high resolution modes. Thus I am curious if Matrox has any idea to deal with those issues.

For the very high-resolution Multiple-Head 2D processing and Video Scaling/Filtering processing, I am not sure how it will be affected with the 256bit processor and near half external memory bandwidth of the Parhelia-512. With the experience on Radeon 9500/128 which has the 256bit external memory interface, the dual display clone mode does not show much performance drop even in 3D mode. I believe that is the effort of huge memory bandwidth.

I feel Matrox always tries to sell the product with high margin. However, it does not always work if there are many competitions and alternative similar replacements.
                      P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

What about comparing also to G400/G400MAX (I think a lot of people think about replacing them with P650/750).

Comment

I personally only have a g400 (16mb DH) and a G550 here, if people wish to send me their Max's ...
                          Juu nin to iro

Comment

Sasq, perfect, I have g400 16mb SH

Comment

I can already answer your question - yes it will be much, much faster then your G400 16 - SH
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X