Dps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps

Ok, I was looking at this ad in a maz I read (Maximum PC, very good go out and get it, comes with great CD each month too ) and I saw some mobos being sold with a Dual Power System (DPS) from the tiny little picture it looks like a PCI card that goes in a slot on the mobo and has a fan on it making it look slightly akin to a proc, but the pic is so small I can tell what it is for sure, any one know anything about it???

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

its a extra voltregulator sys
    Think its aopen or abit or mayby assus that has that increddibly brilliant thingy
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's just marketing, mainly. Not worth spending additional money on. It's from the same firm that makes these board with those VERY colorful slots, isn't it? (forgot the name)

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Gigabyte has it on their intel E7205 motherboard

(and btw, nearly every PC magazine in existance comes with a CDROM, and has for the past 5 years or longer )

Comment

c't doesn't

AZ

Comment

that's because C'T is one of the few magazines that makes it worth buying because of the actual contents, as opposed to Maximum PC

Comment

I really don't know any other PC mags (tried a few others years ago, but they're all crap compared to c't) - but I've heard that the dutch c't is much worse than the german one?

AZ

Comment

I've not bothered with any other magazine than the german c't.. but I bet the dutch one is way worse, as they probably have to translate the articles from the german one, i.e. they will lag behind, and they add stuff themselves.. and I doubt that's up to the quality of what the german C'T editors write.

Comment

Yeah, though some people have been complaining about too many newbie articles through the last years - but I think they've found a good balance since their new layout. Oh, and I hope I'm winning that car

AZ

Comment

I have almost given up on swedish PC magazines......
                    They seems to be written by rejects from the amiga time.....
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                    X