Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real reason Matrox is moving away from the consumer video card market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason Matrox is moving away from the consumer video card market.

They've grown tired of providing customer support to people like this. My favorite part is where the person got working drivers... if only they were more rude about asking Matrox to get their "3d options" working they'd be a perfect example of the average EQ player.

here's the quote from the link:

hi all,
    how can i install the 3d options for the g550????

i installed the driver from the original cd and tried to play a game using 3d technology, but dxdiag told me that i have no 3d drivers installed.

so where can i get these drivers for using the 3d option?
    Hy,
    thank you, have already solved my problem it was old drivers on matrox site, i have instaled new drivers from Sony play "Ever Quest" site : http://eqlive.station.sony.com/suppo...t/ts_video.jsp
    and my friend so had solved the same prob. for Matrox 450 card.So now we bouth can use 3D without problem.
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 24 April 2003, 13:11.

People like what? I don't get it.

Comment

WOW!
      And I thought all the real whackos lived in my town
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Oh, I didn't see the link. I have no idea why, but it isn't underlined in Mozilla.

Comment

And what percentage of computer users would even understand, let alone answer:
          " In order for technical support to participate, your system must not be overclocked and we would need the following information: Matrox Graphic Card, Model #, PD version, VT version, MGA Bios version, Motherboard chipset patches, CPU, Motherboard Bios, OS, Desktop resolution and color depth, Direct X version, Hard Drive, SCSI card type, Sound card and driver version, Monitor brand, DVD-ROM Drive (make/model), Network card, IRQ settings and other devices."

Maybe they need to know whether you have dandruff, as well!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

But then what percentage of users would find their way to a technical support forum for a particular type of graphics card?
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
            X