Remake of Casablanca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remake of Casablanca

Yes guys, it looks like this is gonna happen (yahoo)

Jennifer Lopez and her fiancee Ben Affleck are talking about making a new version of the classic film, Casablanca. According to London's Express, the celebrity couple is considering the roles played by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in the legendary 1942 movie.
    But then we can still do something about it here

ciao, ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I would have signed the petition, but am not American - so don't feel included in the "We Americans...." bit
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Ew.... that would be horrible, at least find some people who can actually act if you want to attempt to get anywhere close to that masterpiece.
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Quite apart from the immense arrogance of thinking that such people (I hesitate to call them actors) could outclass such greats as Bergman and Bogart, I don't think anyone today could make such a performance credible.

However, a petition is totally unnecessary because such a remake must be doomed to failure. If they wish to lose their investment in time and money (their own or others'), maybe it would be as well to let them go ahead: it may prevent them from doing something even more execrable (if possible)!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian Ellis
          However, a petition is totally unnecessary because such a remake must be doomed to failure. If they wish to lose their investment in time and money (their own or others'), maybe it would be as well to let them go ahead: it may prevent them from doing something even more execrable (if possible)!
          At first I thought that such a movie will not have success so why bother. Then I realized that if they do it, it'll have a great publicity and lots of marketting so it could do quite well at the cinemas (Solaris is a crap film and the cinema had a long queue at the premiere ).
          The point is, since TVs don't use to put old/classic films but crappy 80s/90s ones (at least here in Spain) some youngster will think that Casablanca is that silly remake J-Lo and Benny plan to make. They will miss one of the greatest films ever made.

deu, ivan
          <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

18. Tony J-Lo has a huge butt
            BWAHahaha!!! I like this petition
            but yesh...me no americano, so no sign sign

Comment

Jennifer Lopez at least isn't as skinny as most women nowadays. That said, I don't think a remake of casablanca is a good idea, especially if done by those two.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, Pearl Harbour made money, how Casablanca II™ wouldn't:
                - WW2 story (war themes are in now - another look at the theme and all)
                - romance
                - Ben Affleck
                + J-Lo besides that

That said, I think this is morally wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X