Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed Stand alone win2k

Error message when trying to log on.

Cannot load user profile Error out of disk space.

There is over 2 gigs of space free on the hard drive.

Microshaft have nothing as per normal and google comes up with nothing.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

do you have norton AV with the norton protected recycle bin installed.. in that case, windows will report one thing, but the space is not accessable as Norton hogs it with the recycle bin. empty norton protected files and regain much space, if you never did it before
    if this is not the case, I will have to think harder about what it could be ...
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Don't know for sure as it's not my machine. But looking at the others I doubt it very much.
      Note the disk space is reported by Dos as we can't login. This means the hardrive is Fat32. I don't have the admin password so I don't know whether that works.
      Too be honest since I haven't found anything on the web I probably take the easy way out and take a ghost image of another machine and sort it that way.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Probably the bettet solution.. and since you can get to the disk in dos, you can back up whatever is needed from it first
        the machine will not let you get in in safe mode either?
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Nope same message haven't tried admin account as we bottled out from changing it from linux disk in case the administrator got upset. He should be in tomorrow. Really the person who took the call should have took the password from him.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was going to say that problems like this are usually due to permissions on the file system, but if it is in fact FAT32, then that can't be the problem. Very strange indeed.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Here's a possibility:

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yes thats the other probability of a corrupted folder. Another reason why I want to login as Admin to see if that still works. If it doesn't we're still bollocked anyway.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Did you already try to boot into safemode with a cmdline interface ?

From there you could manually launch explorer and maybe do a check disk or whatever.
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

If it's a Fat32 system, try to boot with a Win9x CD and do a scandisk.
                    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

if it's corrupted, scandisk might just decide it's not useful and create nice *.chk files... anyway...not a good idea unless you can safely image the drive and play with the copy...

Comment

Working...
                      X