Connect 3d or Sapphire 9800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect 3d or Sapphire 9800

Now which one will be the better of these in terms of support and quality of the product ???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sapphire.

Sapphire=ATi (basically...)
    Connect3D= we sell'em cheap.

Didn't have any problem with Connect3D this far, but Sapphire has slightly better IQ and boards are high quality (all things being relative, I'm not the expert here ).

Comment

yea. Sapphire is jsut ATI... personally i would stick with Sapphire if price is similar!

Comment

Between £50 to £70 more exspensive.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

hmm... can't sleep. oh well... so tired...

anyways...

Woah! and that's pounds! omg...

ever thought of a Sapphire 9700 PRO? (If the price is right) and tweak it into a 9800

Comment

Got a pro already but it only likes agp x4 boards and won't boot on any others.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ordered the Sapphire 9800 pro and despite being out of stop it's been dispatched today.
              Just need my new motherboard too turn up now.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Where did you order it ? I'm also considering this card, and looking out for prices in neighbouring countries...

Could you also comment on the 2D quality and some of the features (dual monitor implementation, tv-out: does it require the first monitor to also revert back to 50 Hz (pal) or 60 Hz (ntsc), ...) once you get around to testing it ?

Thanks!

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

The 9800pro will retail at about 550€ VAT incl. in Belgium (Sapphire). I can have it at about 480 VAT incl. but it's not in yet.

Comment

Kurt: I've found a store in Hasselt that has it for €499. Online, I have found it a bit lower in Holland, but with shipping it turns out about the same... In the UK there seem to be some good deals (judging by the prices at retailers listed on the Sapphire website).
                    (Toch jammer dat "leuke" hardware bij ons zo duur is... )

Jörg
                    pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                      Kurt: I've found a store in Hasselt that has it for €499. Online, I have found it a bit lower in Holland, but with shipping it turns out about the same... In the UK there seem to be some good deals (judging by the prices at retailers listed on the Sapphire website).
                      (Toch jammer dat "leuke" hardware bij ons zo duur is... )

Jörg
                      It's eaiser to buy in here for warranty, but I buy the good stuff in Holland and the UK

BTW, these prices are introductory so don't jump on them. Also, 480 is for a Sapphire, not a cheaper brand

I'm sure they'll go down pretty quickly. What city are you in BTW?

Comment

Normally in Ghent, but often close to Ostend or in Antwerp.

Jörg
                        pixar

Comment

I bought it from Overclockers.co.uk. Visual quality seems better than my Gigabyte 9700 Pro.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks (I had already looked on their website )

Is the TV-out quality good ?
                            Also about the tv-out: does it require the first monitor to also revert back to 50 Hz (pal) or 60 Hz (ntsc), ...) ? I read something along those lines in the 9700 manual...

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

If you are looking for a 9700Pro you might want to consider the Crucial one.
                              Find compatible DRAM memory and SSD upgrades for your PC or Laptop with our Crucial Advisor tool or Crucial System Scanner, with FREE US delivery!

Around £240inc VAT & Delivery.

I'm 99% sure that Sapphire have something to do with the manufacture of the card, it then gets a couple of Crucial decals.
                              The card anyway totally follows the ATI reference design, 2.8ns memory etc.
                              It's a really good buy at that price.
                              It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                              Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
                              X