Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line of sight : Vietnam, surround gaming

Hi,

I rode somewhere that this game mentions Parhelia's surround gaming explicitly on its docs.

Does it make a "fov" transform, like on the Parhelia's surround gaming SDK, or it just expands among the 3 screens like Quake 3?

cheers,
    Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I havent' tried it in surround gaming yet. But I will give it a try later this day or in the weekend.

From the readme.txt:
    "Line of Sight: Vietnam supports custom video modes through a command-line interface. If you have a Matrox Parhelia video card and three monitors you can set up the game so it displays on all three monitors in an extreme widescreen view. To do this use the "-w" and "-h" command-line parameters to specify the exact X and Y resolution. You can add these parameters to the shortcut that starts the game easily."
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Hi,

I just installed the game and borrowed the monitor from my brother's PC (he's gonna kill me when he finds out ).
      The game is awesome, a bit difficult though but it rocks online.
      When in surround gaming it works like UT2k3 or Q3, it's just a 3 times wider screen so no fancy fov algos

I hope someone will do a patch for a popular FPS to use that special fov settings. I just love how the Matrox SDK Surround gamming example looks like

ciao, ivan
      <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Serious Sam SE now does multiple viewports if that's what you mean...
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

In case somebody don't know what the "special fov" looks like here is a link to the Matrox demo :

they called the effect "curvilinear fov". It does run on a single head setup if you wanna check it but don't have 3 monitors.

ciao, ivan

Comment

Working...
          X