X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Matrox recall Parhelia?

If the Banding Issue seems to be a hardware problem, shouldn't
    Matrox recall all Parhelia, like Intel did with their chipset a few
    years ago? Or would it get Matrox out of business?
    And is president of Matrox well aware of the situation?
    Would it take more than Haig to answer all these?

Matrox would not survive...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

You're a little late, Joonie... This subject has been beaten to death already, and no one's happy with the situation. Get over it.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
        You're a little late, Joonie... This subject has been beaten to death already, and no one's happy with the situation. Get over it.

AZ
        I'm probably a bit late (I'm late at everything )

But if you see it a little bit closer, that's what Matrox has to do if it comes obvious that it's a hardware problem. 'Cause the cover of the Parhelia didn't say it has a banding problem and we should be aware of it. If I knew the banding issue before, I wouldn't have bought it. .
        All I'm saying is that if it becomes very clear it's hardwaric(?) problem, Matrox should consider recalling P.
        If Matrox doesn't react to this problem quickly, consumers won't be too happy about it and what does M have to say about it?

Comment

You know how long the Parhelia's been out? How on earth do you think can Matrox react "quickly" to the problem now? And if you're THAT dissatisfied with your P, sell it. I'll even make an offer: 150,- EUR (about equivalent to USD) plus shipping.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
            You know how long the Parhelia's been out? How on earth do you think can Matrox react "quickly" to the problem now?

AZ
            Well, gradually if not "quickly".
            They should admit something's wrong with Parhelia.
            And if they just sit on their ass not doing anything, where are
            our rights? Don't we have any rights to use a product that has no hardware problem, and Parhelia's not even cheap to start with.
            In my opinion, M should show even a little interest in this issue.
            They are just trying to avoid the topic.

Originally posted by az
            And if you're THAT dissatisfied with your P, sell it. I'll even make an offer: 150,- EUR (about equivalent to USD) plus shipping.
            AZ
            AZ, you are very funny (I'm not being sarcastic) I like that humor.

If it wasn't a joke, let me say something.
            I'm not THAT dissatisfied with Parhelia, although I have some complaints with it. Don't we all? You love your home country, but that doesn't mean you are 100% satisfied with what they do, am I not right?
            I bought Parhelia just a day after its release and I'm not going to sell it. But I just can't stand it if it has a hardware problem and it keeps bugging me. Still, I'm not going to sell it, but I am going to see it that it gets fixed.
            Last edited by joonie; 22 April 2003, 02:52.

Comment

It CANNOT get fixed. Get yourself a digital flat panel, that's the only option.

If you change your mind about selling it, you know where to find me.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                It CANNOT get fixed. Get yourself a digital flat panel, that's the only option.

AZ
                WHAT? It can't get fixed?
                Well then I want Matrox to pay for my digital flat panel.
                I didn't want my card to malfunction.
                HAIG! Ship it to the address I sent you.

Comment

NOTE: I am NOT the official voice of Matrox. In fact, I have NOTHING to do with the company.

AZ

Comment

what is the Banding Issue ?
                    PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
                    DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Comment

here we go round the mulberry bush
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

just make a search in the Matrox Hardware forum : "parhelia banding"
                        There are plenty of tips on how to reduce the banding artifacts,
                        anyway I'll recomend to use a dark wallpaper with a dark theme for the windows
                        <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

do some searching for banding - all this has been discussed, if you feel your parhelia is "faulty" return it knowing that they are all like it and get your money back - stop winging about something you can do nothing about and get on with things. all parhelias suffer a similar fate its a design flaw matrox know we all know so if you cant hack banding get yourself a refund.
                          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Matrox on the banding issue.......

Comment

LOL
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X