Selling Parhelia 512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Parhelia 512

Well we are soon to be out of the loop for being MGI testers and our NDA's are ending soon. As far as I have been told, its legal to sell this parhelia with no questions asked. I am putting my parhelia 512 up for sale. Its selling for 275 USD plus shipping and handling. Its an orignal Parhelia directly from Matrox (green wire special).

Email me if your intrested.

Does it come with warranty and/or support?

and shouldn't this be posted in Murc Happy Shopper forum instead?

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm, shouldn't you at least wait until you are no longer a BB?

Just wondering, what are you gonna use instead of it?
      Flangor Strongaxe

Get Firefox

Comment

I have a radeon 9800 which smokes the parhelia for my puposes, ATI has gotten alot better with its drivers...

Comment

True. Matrox can't pull themselves together for the past few years

Comment

Something you all have to realize is that we as testers were really shit on at matrox, Haig and his small group tried to get our voices heard to benifit you guys. We could have made parhelia a great card if haig were president of matrox, but that's not the reality. THe reality is that matrox like every other company is run by politics. Matrox doesn't want, nor has the capability at this point in time to compete in the upper echlon gaming video card market where standards change constantly. Rather a smart move to go the pro route, but they have a great deal of ground to gain in that arena.

So do i have any offers. The only support you would get is technical support, but for RMA's and stuff forget it....this is a green wire special.

Comment

Originally posted by crossbonesx
              this is a green wire special.
              What does that mean?

And why is this not in the "Happy Shopper"?

Comment

'green wire special' is a pre-production sample, clocked at oem speeds, with an extra green wire revision on an older pcb
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

and crossbones is mistaken about the tech support.
                  we where told if we sold our cards, there would be NO tech support, and a min. $150 service charge if the card ever needs to be RMA'd
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

and yes...this should have been posted in MURC's Happy Shopper forum...

Comment

How well do the pre-production cards OC???

I remember ANT talking about 250mhz core clocks...
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

It's the same chip, just an earlier PCB.
                        They o/c the same as any OEM card.

Comment

What happened Eric, need to sell off fast to replace yet another blown P4?
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You only felt that way because you thought of yourself as being somewhat special and that what you were doing was more important than what anyone else in the group was doing. Even though you were one of the late comers to the group. We actually did pretty well before you came along. You were always cutting down those of us that were more into the gaming side of things. You were always carrying on about your other cards and I really wonder if you even really knew what you were doing, especially after blowing up that $600 CPU from overclocking improperly.

Joel
                            Last edited by Joel; 22 April 2003, 19:53.
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Live and learn. There was an actual flaw in P4 that it couldn't even run at slightly above average voltage. Then the new P4's came out with C1 Stepping which solved the problem. Now I can easily and safely overclock to 3.2 ghz no problem. NO the CPU was only 255 bucks which i exchanged for one with C1 Stepping so I didn't blow any cash.

POW!

Comment

Working...
                              X