Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft/Dell madness

AGGGGHHHH

I just got an Ispiron Celleron laptop to configure for a friend - straight out of the box....

I am setting it up now, and the CRITICAL updates are 63 MB!!!

WTF!

Could Dell not ship it with at least SP1????

If I wasnt able to connect it to my LAN it would take bloody DAYS

AND it comes with bloody AOL embedded everywhere! - The system tray, the desktop AND the start menu!

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Did you at least format at first?

Comment

sp2

anybody know when sp2 for xp should be out? what about sp4 for 2k?...
      nospam

Comment

I'm playing around on my new Inspiron 600M that I just got and I had to DL 27MB of updates and thats with WinXP home SP1
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Arent most of those critical updates connected to IE and Outlook? Don't use it then...
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

yup, to many of the uppdates are just to IE or OE
            in W98 its even worse 4 win98 updates and 20+ IE and OE updates
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

in this day & age BB is a necessity & not a luxury for pc users!

Comment

BB?
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

BroadBand, I guess.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Aaahhh, thx az.

Comment

And so begins the woes of bundeled software, and indeed they are woes.

A celleron eh? How'd that work out?

Well good luck w/ the updates (personally I get a friend w/ BB to download and burn to CD for me, and that works well for me )

~Sethos
                      "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, when I get a new laptop, I'll ghost the whole machine, and then promplty fdisk it.

Comment

Working...
                        X