Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Dirt on Nividia....

Read the whole article here:

Prior to the Offering, Nvidia shipped to VisionTek $6-8 million worth of defective Component Parts. Once VisionTek discovered the Component Parts were defective, it negotiated a resolution with NVIDIA. VisionTek and Nvidia agreed that VisionTek would receive a credit equal to the value of the defective Component Parts and that VisionTek would destroy the defective Component Parts.

At the time it made the agreement with Nvidia, VisionTek was starved for cash and under intense pressure to get its products quickly into the marketplace. VisionTek therefore decided to renege on its agreement with Nvidia. Rather than destroying the parts as promised, VisionTek, upon information and belief, built its graphic cards using the defective Component Parts and then fraudulently sold those cards to its customers.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Bastards............
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yepp.

Comment

hmmm...that is dirt on visiontek which truly is an arrogant act of bastardry

Comment

Well I read over on Anandtech that Visontek said the problems where with the TNT2 and Vanta64 chips they got....should be interesting how this plays out
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Wow! Thanks really bad! Better warn others not to buy Visiontek

Wait! I dun think anybody I know ever brought Visiontek

Comment

This is weird... I thought Visiontek was making ATI R9x00 based cards...

Comment

Dirt oin NVidia?

Dirt on NVidia? This is more like dirt on VisionTek.

Comment

What I find far more interesting is this:
                  Nvidia shipped to VisionTek $6-8 million worth of defective Component Parts.
                  To be able to create defective components that are, apparantly, worth 6-8 mln US$ is quite a feat.
                  Umf
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                    What I find far more interesting is this: To be able to create defective components that are, apparantly, worth 6-8 mln US$ is quite a feat.
                    Umf
                    Not really - have a production run complete based on screwy design parameters and you have it................now if you know the design is screwy to start with and you still managed to flog the product of the production run - thats a different story.
                    Lawrence

Comment

Heck, look at the Parhelia, it shipped with a significant (although not show-stopping) flaw or two. And it seems the "new" VisionTek has virtually nothing to do with the old one, although it seems some of the old managment is still hanging around as "advisors" or something.

Comment

LvR, what I meant was that if a part is defective, it is usually worth very, very little, if not nothing. It may be some por sod _paid_ 6-8 mln for it. Just a little joke.
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Umfriend, Visiontek payed nv 6-8 million no?

Comment

Apparantly yes, guess the joke works in Dutch only. Sry.

Comment

I got it. Although isn't every NVIDIA product defective?
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X