Stretch screen on ATI? or NV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch screen on ATI? or NV?

Can a game be played over 2 screens? Ala Matrox surround gaming but 2 screen. Would it be a matter of adjusting the res per game or would it require some application?
    Yes I know the center of view would be in the middle of the screen.
    funky
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

I'm not so sure what are the possible display modes on Ati or NVidia cards, but if you could choose a stretched mode, then I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do it.
    That is of course, if the game lets you to choose right resolution and the FOV (field of view) can be changed either in game or by editing some config-files.

That would be interesting to see, if it would actually be playable only using two monitors.

Comment

i think people used to run quake 2 on there G400's with dual screen set up but it was more or less unplayable because of the split being right in the centre of the veiw.
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

This is possible with ATI. As a matter of fact, my Radeon 9700 Pro is capable of using the HD inputs on my 40" Widescreen. I can play games @ 1920x1080 assuming the games support it.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Helevitia-How do you tell a game to use 2 monitors?
          funky
          Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

thats easy, turn your multimopnitor set up to stretch mode so the resolution is say 2048x768 and the display has the start button in the bottom of the left screen and the time in the bottom right screen, then when playing the game you must select this stretched resolution and also adjust the feild of veiw to around double its origional value, how to do this varies from game to game but is usually in the config filr if its posible to do so.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Thanks
              Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Working...
              X