X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!!!! No sound for ssome reason

Hi everyone
    As a starting point, here is the process that am currently using:

1) Capture- Ulead MSpro 6 using the following settings...RGB 24bit 280CIF, 25fps, audio PCM @ 22050khz 8bit stereo @ 43kb/s; Compression = full frame uncompressed; using PAL format input from a Sony Handycam

Comment: No frame drops, quality excellent

If i use the Matrox pc-vcr remote s/ware to record I get audio but crappy video. Using the above settings I get excellent vid but no audio !!!!

My system:
    - pIII 550 (not overclocked)
    - 128meg ram
    - asus p3bf m/b
    - Windows 2k no service pack
    - 13gig primary
    - 13 gig second
    - 18 gig third
    - matrox g400 dualhead
    - matrox rainbow runner add-on card

All captures are from videotapes to the 3rd HDD with 8gigi free. I min of capture is taking 400meg. S/ware is installed on 2nd HDD

I have tried using avi-io, msve5, and had same problem yet it works in the Matrox remote s/ware. Audio settings seem OK!!!

Also ... anyone else have probs when exiting any of these Vid Edit packages where the machine reboots???

As you can see ... i am getting so desperate as to considering installing windows ME as well (though I would rather not!)

Sounds like your soundcards line-in isn't being opened up. PC-VCR (usually) does this for you, but most other applications rely on it being open already.

Go to your soundcard properties on the taskbar, MAKE SURE that you are in the "recording properties" tabsheet, and then uncheck the "mute" on the line-in channel. Note that the default mixer you see may not be the recording console, you may have to go to file/properties (or similar) and select the recording properties from there

Comment

Thanks This_Idiot

I have checked that already. I used to be able to cap off a cheap tv card and found the sound level was EXTREME so managed to work my way thru the advanced part of the recording settings.

I have a SB128 audio card and using the default win2k drivers. I may check to see if there is an updated driver at Creative.

Otherwise ... setttings OK ... no sound still.

Comment

S'okay, please call me Chris

Odd, but since I don't have either SB128 or W2K I'd be struggling for any deeper explanation.

Maybe someone else is running this combination ?

Comment

Working...
        X