Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!!!! G400TV on XP

It's been a long LONG day.

Matrox's website lulled me, you see. When it said "no need to download drivers for my G400TVMarvel" when upgrading it's W98 box to XP I assumed that it meant XP knew all about it. Well it does - if all I want is a driver for the VGA screen.

I don't - I don't *have* a screen attached to that PC, only the telly.

So round and round I go finally finding Adis's helpful website. I've downloaded the W2K PowerDesk and isntalled it, and some functionality has come back. But I can't turn on "Dualhead Clone". There's no check box for "enable" on that dialogue. And though I've turned on Dualhead Max, if I try to play a MPG or AVI using Windoze Media Player, it plays - on the main screen but NOT on the telly.

I've also installed ADIS' version of the VidToolset, but no apparent joy. Firing up the DVD player just hangs on launch, firing up teh PVCR app I get a warning box telling me something else is using the hardware.

It's looking like I'm gonna have to upgrade the telly/vid card. And if Matrox think I'll be buying more from them after the way they've treated me on this one, they can go file for C11 waiting for my next quid to arrive in their bank! :-(

You can select dualhead clone only via hot keys. Just add a new keyboard shortcut under power desk features - dual head clone

Comment

Argh!!!! G400TV on XP

Thanks Gasp - thought I'd try that later. Have to decide which keys to yse tho - as this machine has no keyboard attached it's gotta be something that works nicely with VNC! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X