Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no audio on m2v capture

Hi,

I cannot capture m2v with sound using the matrox rt.x100 and the m audio soundcard. I did the sound card sych, but it doesn't show in the a/v section. It records in avi capture. But sometimes I don't want to capture then render. Is there a fix for this? The m audio lets me trim the input levels and has a digital out which lets me hook it up to my reciever. Also which encoder do you like best, the matrox direct to disk or the adobe mpeg encoder? I haven't had time to test them.

thanks

I'm using premier 6.5 for capture and editing.
    wavelab 2 for sound mastering
    cubase for multitracking
    photoshop 7

What do people think of uleads media pro 7 ? Does anyone like it more then premier 6.5 ?
    Mindwarper 2002 system specs:
    p4 2.53
    asus p4 533c
    4x512 1066 rambus ram
    sony dru500a multiformat burner
    48x cd burner
    floppy
    40 gb system drive
    240 gb raid a/v drive (HPT370a pci raid controller)
    80 gb export drive ( removable )
    matrox g550
    matrox rt.x100
    Santa cruz Turtle Beach
    aardvark aark 20 (10 in/out) soundcard
    antec case 430 p/s
    XP

Have you checked the various input mixers to see if one is muted?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi

I have checked the input mixers. I have enable moniter not checked because it makes gritchy noices and clicks during the capture. It works with avi capture. You can't hear it, but it records great. I adjust the input trim with the m audio and then launch premier. I capture without hearing the sound. But it won't capture audio in m2v and the a/v section in the capture dialog box is blank.

Dr Mordrid , do you like premier or media studio 7 better?

thanks
      Mindwarper 2002 system specs:
      p4 2.53
      asus p4 533c
      4x512 1066 rambus ram
      sony dru500a multiformat burner
      48x cd burner
      floppy
      40 gb system drive
      240 gb raid a/v drive (HPT370a pci raid controller)
      80 gb export drive ( removable )
      matrox g550
      matrox rt.x100
      Santa cruz Turtle Beach
      aardvark aark 20 (10 in/out) soundcard
      antec case 430 p/s
      XP

Comment

That's not clear cut a choice. I use both the RT.X100/Premiere and MSPro7; each for its individual strengths.

The RT.X100 has very impressive color correction, auto white balance, a very nice chroma/luma key engine (AUTOKEY is just too cool), lots of effects and has the MediaExport batch encoding engine.

MSPro7 is much simpler to use, has better moving path controls and can do multiple keys (not just chroma and luma) in realtime (RT.X100 can only do one). Besides the new realtime features there are also a ton of other features (speed controls, logarithmic zooms etc.) that make MSP7 a pleasure to use.

BTW: MSPro7 can also do batch encoding (Create Multiple Files), but MediaExport works with what's on the timeline instead of reading in project files off the HDD, which is the method I prefer.

What's nice about having both systems is that I can move clips back & forth for tweaking because MSPro7 can export using the RT.X100 codecs as well as capture with its VfW analog capture plugins three filetypes: RGB, YUV or DV/DVCAM.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 April 2003, 14:16.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

AFAIK .m2v is video only, usually you would have a corresponding .mpa file that is the audio, then mux them to create a mpg or vob. Of course I do not own a RT card so I may misunderstand your question.
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
          X