What have I done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I done?

$150 below retail price! I'm picking it up tommorrow. Will post full report. This is to replace my S30 which was stolen. Looking forward to those 2 extra megapixels. Makes cropping of photos much more effective.

Can't wait!
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

$29.99 shipping
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Sweet Cam .. and I presume you don't pay the shipping when you are picking it up
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
        $29.99 shipping
        Well whats so bloddy with that ??
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
          Well whats so bloddy with that ??
          People on the american continent are so damn spoiled with shipping costs...

Comment

funny how it was WyWyWyWy who pointed it out... last I checked the UK was not in the Americas
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Shipping here costs <10 eur, usually.

Seems you swedes are screwed with your shipping costs

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

and plz tell me/us how long the "lag" between pressing the button and taking the actual pic is.

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

With my Minolta Dimage 7i it's very short yet noticeable IF prefocused, or in manual focus (or direct manual focus) mode. The autofocus does take its time though

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Someone I know sold a guitar on ebay to someone from Norway. Shipping cost was $380!

Comment

Yeah, I'm picking it up to avoid the shipping costs. The guy lives about 40 minutes from me, but it's definitely worth the drive to save the $30.

and plz tell me/us how long the "lag" between pressing the button and taking the actual pic is.
                      I'll let you know. My S30 was pretty good. A half press makes it focus, which can take a second or so, but once you push it all the way, it fires instantly. The S45 and S50 are supposed to have a quicker autofocus system.
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Update on the new camera. Picked it up Saturday morning, and so far it's pretty damn good. I just need a new compact flash card now. I think it'll be at least 256MB. When set to the largest resolution and the finest jpg compression, the files are anywhere from 1.6-3.2MB each, depending what's in the scene. But whoa, is it ever worth it for the 5 megapixels... Here's a sample image of my niece. Keep in mind the lighting was awful.

Caution- 1.8MB and 2592x1944

A very nice feature is the orientation sensor, which automatically tags the files for rotation if you take a picture sideways (portrait style). Autofocus seems slightly improved over the S30, and the new "FlexiZone AiAF" (whatever that stands for) makes for easy focusing on anything in the frame.

Once focused, it's just as fast as the S30 to snap the picture, as in, immediately. Haven't tried the new extended length movies yet, since I only have the included 32MB card (which seems very slow by the way, guess they went with a cheap one).

Oh yeah, it also has a built in "intervalometer", which basically means you can do time lapse photography. I'll have to try that out some time.

Comment

Working...
                        X