Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Disturbs Still Present, less in DVI

Glimps of hope about the new drivers...... hoping it would
    be a software issue... but it's there, while playing Bf1942..
    Although, when I switch to a DVI LCD, with the new drivers..
    the problem is almost gone.. except when you scroll fast the screen during game play...

Oh well.. I guess it must be a hardware thing...
    Last edited by Norcimo_RIS; 17 April 2003, 10:35.

I thought the DVI-D was completely bugfree
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

DVI-D does <B>not</B> have banding.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Is it then, Wombat, a bad cable or even frame sync at nil?

I certainly do not see it often enough to know. I've also never seen it before so I don't know what I'm looking at.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
        ASUS A7N8X
        Corsair 1GB PC3200
        Parhelia 128MB
        EIZO L685EX

Comment

DVI-D is only bug free when you force the parhelia to use its external RAMDACS, instead of the internal ones, this can be achieved by using triple head feature.

One draw back...... you give up gigacolor.

hope this sheds light on the question someone had.

Comment

Originally posted by Norcimo_RIS
            DVI-D is only bug free when you force the parhelia to use its external RAMDACS, instead of the internal ones, this can be achieved by using triple head feature.

One draw back...... you give up gigacolor.

hope this sheds light on the question someone had.
            Not to be rude, but you need to get your facts straight. You are wrong on many counts now.

First, triplehead uses an external DAC only in Triplehead, <B>only</B> on the third output - head1 and head2 are still using the same DACs as they would otherwise.

Second, and more importantly, DVI-D uses <B>none</B> of Parhelia's DACs. The signal is in digital form until the LCD decodes it for its own use. Hence, the banding problem cannot be exhibited in this situation.

Third, Parhelia cannot run three DVI-D connections, period. Triplehead is only available in analog mode.

Oh well.. I guess it must be a problem somewhere between the chair and the keyboard.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by XHotKolaX
              Is it then, Wombat, a bad cable or even frame sync at nil?

I certainly do not see it often enough to know. I've also never seen it before so I don't know what I'm looking at.
              Banding doesn't seem to be affected much by either of these things. V-sync didn't do much for my system (I had a pretty bad bander of a card). I couldn't change monitors or cables, I did upgrade power supplies though (still no use).

the problem is almost gone.. except when you scroll fast the screen during game play...
              This sounds like possibly frame tearing, which is what happens when you play with v-sync off.

Although, if there really is a disparity in the display horizontally, the most likely reason is a bad monitor, or EM interference in the room. It would be very difficult to come up with a way for a video card to produce color problems along the x-axis.
              Last edited by Wombat; 17 April 2003, 19:51.

Comment

Hehe Wombat vs Norcino round 3 Will he not learn???
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Wow, you're right. This is the same fool as before - I'd totally forgotten. I was even going to point him over to that thread on Matrox's forums.

Hey Sasq, can you set it so that Norcimo's posts are automatically bracketed? Not "offtopic," maybe "clueless?"

Comment

Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Or is Norcino talking about the horizontal "lines" when using 16x AA?
                      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

OOPS... Sorry it's my RGB LCD... I always confuse that the "Y" cable going into my parhelia even thought it's DVI,, the connector is RGB at one end..

Sorry for the mixup.. DUh

Comment

To WOmbat:
                          on a personal note......

your the fool...dude.... and if your so smart... then fix the parhelia problem, instead of trying to pass advice that have no results..

Comment

Norcimo, attacking wombat will get you nothing but contempt from the regulars here...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

i havent always "agreed" with wombat but he's no fool - and yes he probably know what it would take to make a banding free parhelia - as do matrox he passed you a set of facts, if you dont like them then lump it.
                              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                              X