New cards to be announced ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cards to be announced ?

Just found information on a french hardware site about the possible announcement of two new Parhelia cards on April 23rd.

TT-hardware.com : Guide d'information sur le hardware Depuis 1997. Découvrez toute l'actualité Informatique PC à travers notre expertise.

Those would be cheaper, though AGP8x, cards.

I don't know where the guy got this information from, so nothing's sure.

I've just seen it too. Well as the Parhelia is very expensive to a jobless guy like me, the P650 could be something to replace my G400max.
    Even if it is a castrated Parhelia, I guess it would be more powerful than my G400max.
    What do you think ?
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

why do they call it millenium pxxx?
      They could also call it a Parhelia 64 or something like that.
      Now they are mixing up 2 different product lines aren't they?!
      Maybe they are going to replace all their cards with Parhelia mods, and replace the ald GPU from the G550.
      You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the Americas Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Comment

will those agpx8 cards still have the banding bug, or will they be a new and fixed revision of the parhelia?

et la taille du bus mémoire a été réduite à 128 bits.
        so they plan to cripple them with a 128 bits bus?

I wonder what else they will change... a new and improved 16xfaa perhaps, or maybe they just wants to strip it completely, to decrease cost, like removing 16xfaa and extra dx9 tech(displacement mapping and cripple the vertexshader). I wonder if it will still be 0.15 micron and if not, will it have passive cooling.
        Last edited by TdB; 15 April 2003, 14:29.
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Hmm.... this should be the Parhelia 8X core... probably without the banding bug... As I recall the currect parhelia-512 chip doesn't support 8X right? Only the "planned" version does...

And it looks like they are adopting namings like 3DLabs... LOL...

This card is probably not for me... no DX9... and only 64MB frame buffer...

Comment

P750 sounds just about right for my needs... Maybe the price is a bit to steep, but heck... It looks like the only option for replacing my G400MAX...

Thumbs up to Matrox from me....

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
              will those agpx8 cards still have the banding bug, or will they be a new and fixed revision of the parhelia?
              If they're DualHead, no bug. I'm not sure about what the guy calls triplehead as he seems to define it as dualhead + tv ??

Comment

I think he meant more like triple head or dual display + TV.

I think they're going to continue Millennium line as mainstream line and Parhelia line as powerful product line (if).

Regarding core, I'd say they just reduced memory to 128bit with little modifications.

Since the original Parhelia is GF3/GF 4 4200 or R8500/9000 class card, expect GF 2 or 4MX speeds.

However way better than to replace G400 with G550.
                Last edited by UtwigMU; 15 April 2003, 17:05.

Comment

For the triple-head version, I am pretty sure there is surround gaming support as a selling point... so probably triple RGB.

Actually this naming system makes me think: "When are they going to release Matrox Millennium P800 after the P750"

Comment

Nice to see life in the crystal ball again - I'm sure we'll all know soon(tm) enough

Dan
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

xbit-labs has an artical on it.. they say we'll know for sure on the 23rd... and expect shipment in 2nd quarter.
                      no harm, no foul.

Comment

Nice to see a rumor that at least makes sense. At least they aren't calling it the G800!

Comment

I really wondered what Matrox was doing for the past entire year! Don't tell me they were spending their entire RnD resources on this thing...

Well... we know (rumored) the Pitous was taped out... but eventually abandoned... I wonder if Matrox has actually reconfirmed the design and launch it this April or something Ahh... rumors... spread the rumors

Comment

i would hope that they would at least incorperate some of the things they thought of with "pitou". not so much the raw horse power.. but optimizations in memory bandwidth and whatnot.

i would hope they drop the 4x4 pipeline configuration. 4x2 would be more ideal... even 4x1 would be great for what they plan on using it for.. this would also allow for greater clock speed and probably higher yeilds.. (cause less complex and fewer transistors).

whatever Matrox does.. as long as it makes enough of a return for them.. it doesn't really matter what "we" gamers want.
                            no harm, no foul.

Comment

How about 8x4x16 j/k

My guess/hope is next year a DX 9 card w/bandwidth saving tech from Matrox.

Doesn't have to be fastest... speed of Ti4600 is fine...

speaking of rumors: http://www.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200...198/mat1-b.jpg

SoOn (TM)
                              Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 15 April 2003, 22:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X