X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the colling on this mother.

Joel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joel; 14 April 2003, 18:48.
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

This reminds me of the first computer ever made and how they thought that the more powerful it got the bigger it would get. Obviously they were wrong, but the heatsinks sure are following that pattern!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

w00t!

They think the reference FlowFX is not powerful enoguh to move the poorly designed plane

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        This reminds me of the first computer ever made and how they thought that the more powerful it got the bigger it would get. Obviously they were wrong, but the heatsinks sure are following that pattern!
        All my computers were bigger than previous. My ZX spectrum was really small compared to even today's epias. And if I had the bling I'd instantly move to big tower and 3 19"s or 2 21"s.

Regarding FX:

Leadtek - this one looks best

MSI

I remember seing another 2-fan solution besides leadtek, forgotten which brand it was.
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 April 2003, 20:08.

Comment

The best solution to date with the GeforceFX has been from Triplex.
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I think the best cooling solution for FX5800 is Gainward. It uses the Quadro FX 1000/2000 HSF. Reports say its very quiet!

Comment

technology,hardware,graphics,motherboard,reviews,gaming,video games,pc games,analysis,modding,case mod,news,headlines

The article states that Gainward will also put this FX-watercooling solution in production...

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yeah that's the new Gforce FX 5800, Some say that it's louder than a Power Mac G4, and compared with the new Radeon 9800 and 9800 pro it dosn't hold it's ground...

Plus considder this: there is no filter on the intake or exaust of that filter...

A) cleaning the thing is going to be a B***h and
                B) Once dirt gets in there, the efficency of the cooling fan will drop dramaticly...
                C) it takes up your AGP slot and the PCI slot next to it...

My personal advice at the moment is go with the new Radeon, small, quiet, and hella good graphics baby...

~Sethos
                "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

one word: HEATPIPES!!!

Slap a couple of low RPM fans on the cooling chamber on the bottom to pick up the cooling process and your set...without the noise.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sethos

C) it takes up your AGP slot and the PCI slot next to it...

~Sethos
                    That has never been an issue since its alway becomes some kind of problem with having a pci card in slot one
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The scary part is that these pics arent just Photoshop items :cringe:
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

hehehe... what do you except from BFG anyways? A Big F**king GPU obviously need a Big F**king Flow FX Vaccum.

Comment

Gainward FX PowerPack! Ultra/800 Plus Golden Sample...

Well... it's a non-Ultra 5800

Yes you heard me, its a 5800!

Gainward... quality products

Comment

Working...
                          X