Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 max (32mb, 360mhz) detected as G400 (16mb, 300mhz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 max (32mb, 360mhz) detected as G400 (16mb, 300mhz)

as above
    current system:
    AXP 1800+
    GA-7VRXP V1.1 F12
    2x256MB PC2100 Crucial
    Audigy DE (PCI slot 3)
    WinXP Pro Service Pack 1

Adapted information
    Chip type: Matrox G400
    DAC type: Integrated, 300MHz
    Memory: 16MB
    Adapter String: Matrox Millenium G400 AGP
    Bios: v2.1.035

pls advise

regards
    Last edited by Gaghiel; 17 April 2003, 07:45.

Not to insult your inteligence, but are you sure the card you have is indeed a MAX version? Physically check the card and make sure it has the onboard fan that is powered directly from the board, has dual head plugs, etc.

While I have had some issues with Matrox, I have never had (In the 7 Matrox cards I have owned, starting with the Mystique 220) the software mis-identify the hardware.

Where did you get this card from?
    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by IM_Riktar
      Not to insult your inteligence, but are you sure the card you have is indeed a MAX version? Physically check the card and make sure it has the onboard fan that is powered directly from the board, has dual head plugs, etc.

While I have had some issues with Matrox, I have never had (In the 7 Matrox cards I have owned, starting with the Mystique 220) the software mis-identify the hardware.

Where did you get this card from?
      got it 2nd hand, previous user's system detected as G400 max

if this prob cannot be solved, wil visit his place to test

Comment

yea... maybe you should check the parts number of your board... and like what IM_Riktar said, MAX has a fan so maybe you can do that just to make usre you have a MAX...

Comment

it'll be cool if you can just peek over and tell us the part number. that'll be the show all...
          The future's no use today.
          <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

Originally posted by diewlei
            it'll be cool if you can just peek over and tell us the part number. that'll be the show all...
            part number for g400max should be G4+MM***** rite?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Gaghiel
              part number for g400max should be G4+MM***** rite?

regards

yep, and to be even more accurate, you can e-mail me the serial number (3 letters, 5 numbers), which is usually on a yellow sticker on the board. I'll check it in the system and let you know...

send me a PM if you're interested.
              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Originally posted by ex-SalesSoup
                yep, and to be even more accurate, you can e-mail me the serial number (3 letters, 5 numbers), which is usually on a yellow sticker on the board. I'll check it in the system and let you know...

send me a PM if you're interested.
                Yo Soupy,

maybe you should drop our newbie a note that you are actually working at Matrox ...
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                  Yo Soupy,

maybe you should drop our newbie a note that you are actually working at Matrox ...
                  good point. i thought it was written on my forehead for some reason.
                  OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

Comment

Working...
                    X