Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound with Marvel

Hi

I just got a Marvel G400 on my Windows 98 machine. I was trying to play a tape in my VCR and displaying the output to my computer screen through the Marvel. The video shows up fine, but there is no sound. All other sound in my computer is fine, and the volume for my soundcard, speaker and TV-VCR is turned up. Also, I tried both the composite connector and the regular antenna connector, and I still have no sound.

Any ideas? I am using PD 5.55 and Videotools 1.54 (the latest ones).

Thanks,
    Rahul
    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

You do have the audio from your camera going into a line input on your soundcard, don't you?

If you do, then check under the recording properties of your taskbar "volume indicator" by going to Options>Properties>(make sure "Line" is checked)>OK

Then check "Select" below the Line slider bar.

Hope this helps...

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Thanks for your help, but I am not using a video camera of any sort. I am just using the Marvel as a TV and connecting my VCR to it. The audio should be going through the composite connectors or the antenna cable, both of which I have tried.

In fact, my basic problem is that I have no sound when using the TV tuner.

Hope this made it a little clearer.

Thanks!

Rahul
      Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux

Comment

Does the Marvel have an internal aux connector on it? Kinda' like the one you use from your CD-Rom to your soundcard?

Comment

Not that I know of, but I am sure it's not that. After all there is a big thick wire going from the Audio-out of the VCR to the Audio-in of the Marvel. Shouldnt that be connection enough?

_Rahul

Comment

The Marvel has no seperate audio system on it, as a result it has to rely on your existing soundcard to handle audio. There has to be some way that the Marvel transfers audio to and from your soundcard. Check to see if there are any audio connectors on the card itself. If you don't see any or are not aware of having plugged anything in that would facilitate a transfer of audio from the Marvel to your soundcard, then take a "real, hard look" at your manual; specifically the part on installing the card.

Comment

Makes sense, read manual, should work

Sorry for wasting your time with stupid questions, Sillyname. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X