Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jittery Video Output

Hello All,

I own the Matrox Millenium II w/ the Rainbow Runner on a Win98 machine. The editing is being done in premiere 4.2 (however the problem still shows up if I rebuild the movie in 5.1)

The computer plays the video fine, in fact it looks great on the computer. However when you watch the video on TV it will jitter on some clips. I tried building the movie while switching field order but to no avail. Has anyone run into this problem before? More importantly, can anyone give my some tips on how to stop it?

Thanks a bunch,
    Jason

Make sure you render in field order B.
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Oops! Didn't read your full post, sorry.
      But field order B is the correct order for the RR-S. If you keep it on this setting and still get the anomaly, then describe the scene that this happens at: too bright, too dark, sound differences?

Or try recapturing.

It sounds a bit like a Time Base Correction problem, too. If you have a device that does TBC, then send the signal through it on its way to the TV or VCR.

Comment

Hi Sillyname,

I thought the old RR-S (Rainbow Runner Studio) used field order A. I thought field order B was only for the "newer" Marvels and RR-G series cards.

Rick

------------------
        http://www.Hogans-Systems.com
        http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Your RR is field order A

Do a search under jitters. It's called an evil frame. One frame changes from field order A to B and all other frames after are changed which cause the jitters. It seems to be a common problem in all RR's. Hope this helps.

Dale A.

Comment

Patrick said it was field order B...
            He wouldn't lie to me! We're "virtually" friends.

Besides, I remember the field order from the RR-S to RR-G being bass-ackwards. Just because the RR-G came after the RR-S, doesn't mean it gets the-new-and-improved FIELD ORDER B.

------------------

Comment

RR-S is Field order A and the Marvel and RR-G are using Field order B.

These are also referred to as odd/even or upper and lower fields, nothing to do with "improved" revisions.

Comment

'Twas a joke.

Comment

Hi Telsa,

Yep...

RRS is definitely "Field Order A"

Evil frames can be "cured" by the following method.

Find the "evil frame"... It'll always be at the same place and drop a blank "title overlay" (about a second in length) on an overlay track. This forces the rerendering of the "evil" portion of the timeline and everything will be fine.

The easiest way to find an "evil frame" is to expand the timeline to "1 frame" mode and the dodgy frame will appear all stripey!

Although sometimes it doesn't!

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Nick.

Comment

Working...
                  X