Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBz gettin the boot

Well,
    Seems we are near the end of the road for the MGI Beta Boyz team.
    We got word today that the plug will be pulled soon.
    It's still unsure if we will even get to test the next card to be released, but I aint holding my breath.

The Video guys will continue (Doc Morbid, Elie, etc.) with their testing through the video division, but the graphics division is unwilling to commit any further resources to their beta testing.

Haig has been great to us, and we would have never even started the program without him, much less had it running for as long as it has. Unfortunatly, recent events have forced him to move on. Haig has been running the program basically unassisted for some time now (with input from various M employees, but it's been his baby since day 1). Much like the old MGI UT server (another Haig baby), when he asked for an ounce of support, he was hung out to dry, and left with no choice but to abandon it.

Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch with our inside contacts, and still get a hint out now and then. Please note that our NDAs will still cover any juicy stuff we know about at this time, even after the team ceases. Once the program has terminated, new info will not be covered, but we aren't likely to be getting much new info after that time.

To Haig, Omar(R0M), Martin(Pheonix), Wally, other M guys I am forgetting, Rags, Joel, Greebe, Flangor, Maggi, Hellmut, Pauly(ALBPM), SteveC, JediPheonix, and the other BBz...
    It's been a fun ride.
    Sad to see it end, but all good things do.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

no idea what Kruzin's talking about...

Comment

That's just cause yer a newbie mini.
      Anyone who's been here for any length of time knows what I'm talking about.
      If you had read the forum survival guide you where linked to when you signed up for these forums, you'd have a clue.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That's indeed sad, Kruzin

I'm more and more getting the feeling that MGA is going down the drain... though with their behaviour over the last years, this doesn't come as a big surprise to me.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Very sad news...

In your opinion Kruzin, is it a good idea to sell my Parhelia now???
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I ain't selling mine.
            IMO it's a great card, despite it's problems.
            But I also ain't buying the next card (if I don't get it free for testing).

Comment

I just wanted to get your opinion of where support was heading...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I give it about a year and after a bunch of Matrox Bashing they will have to make us BBZ again just to shut us up.

Too bad the Head Cheezes at Matrox can't see that they had a really good thing going for them with the Tech Support Department that Haig put together.

Haig is DA MAN!!!
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

OMG... that's sad... well... I have a feeling that MGA is gonna be gone forever, after they got rid of their remaining P cores...

Well... if that's the case, I better get used to ATI's 2D...

Comment

One more nail in M's coffin, one less reason for us to hope.
                    My one wish left for M is not to take their eye off the prize in the Video arena, nor to develope the same amnesia that let them forget what made there Graphics products great.

Best Regards
                    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                    and burped out a movie

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                      I give it about a year and after a bunch of Matrox Bashing they will have to make us BBZ again just to shut us up.

Too bad the Head Cheezes at Matrox can't see that they had a really good thing going for them with the Tech Support Department that Haig put together.

Haig is DA MAN!!!
                      Well, that is how the program started in the first place
                      They took the biggest criticts from the old MURC, and made us testers.
                      Kept us from bitching in public, and gave us a direct outlet to the source for our problems.
                      Maybe it's time to go Wombat on them again, and whine till they decide to keep the program going
                      (chill out Wombat, it's a joke )

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM

Haig is DA MAN!!!
                        I second that! As far as I have experienced, Matrox's tech support is the best in the entire computer industry... and of course, we must thank Haig for that. You are the GREATEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                          Well, that is how the program started in the first place
                          They took the biggest criticts from the old MURC, and made us testers.
                          Kept us from bitching in public, and gave us a direct outlet to the source for our problems.
                          Maybe it's time to go Wombat on them again, and whine till they decide to keep the program going
                          (chill out Wombat, it's a joke )
                          ROFLMAO

I think Matrox is not scared of loosing money, but is scared about its customers

Comment

One might think that matrox is actually afraid of customers, and thus does all it can to avoid getting them...

Did I understand this right? Haig also lost his Job at TS?

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

No.
                              Haig is still head of North American TS.
                              But nowhere else will you find TS running a Beta program.
                              When he asked for assistance from outside TS, he was shot down.
                              He simply can't handle his job of managing TS with his now reduced staff, and running the beta team (which was never in his job description to start with).

Comment

Working...
                              X