MSP6.5 ED Source blacks out/MJPEG files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6.5 ED Source blacks out/MJPEG files

System:- Matrox Marvel G400-TV (Full retail SN:GAM02631)/Windows'98 (FAT32)/VIA KT-133(VIADrv4.38)/Duron700/384MB PC133 SDRAM/ Maxtor20GB UDMA66 (MSP program, V.mem swap [383MB])/Seagate 80GB UDMA100 7,200 [Cap files] /Matrox PD 6.82.016/DX 8.1/ULEAD MSPro5 and MSPro6.5./ Display 1024x768 16bit.

Query:_
    MSPro6.5 Editor:- Source Window blacks out when trying to scroll clip (slider/rotory knob or keyboard) therefore cannot see the video frames to mark in/out? Is this a bug in 6.5? It does not happen with with MsPro5.
    (The preview window plays and scrolls OK though)

ULEAD suggest its a G400 card driver/Matrox MJPEG hardware codec problem with MSP6.5.as it only happens when try to edit MJPEG files.(nb.The Morgan substitute hard/codec tried but no different)
    ULEAD have a patch for a bug in 6.5 that relates to MPEG;I've installed it but has not resolved MJPEG editing.

RGB capture with software codecs(eg huffyuy 1/2 screen)do not present this probelm in 6.5 and can scroll source, mk in/out from source window.
    The fact that MJPEG editing is NOT a problem with MSPro5 allows me to continue editing on this earlier version but of course I lose out on the extra functionality of MsPro6.5 plus the not inconsiderable sum it has cost me to upgrade!

Miklos

PS. I get excellent captures in MSP6.5 with Matrox MJPEG 704x576 (PAL)6.1 ratio and overclocked MJPEG 704x576 4.9:1 ratio (7Mb/s)

From memory this cured it for me.

Locate your ulead32.ini file and add to the section

[HardwareAcc]
    AviPlayEngineMCI=1

Below is the complete section in my PC.

[HardwareAcc]
    AviPlayEngineMCI=1
    DisableAcc1=1
    RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
    AlwaysKeepLastframe=1
    NotSaveOpenDLM=1
    DirectAccessDVAudio=1
    EnableDVScrub=1
    RecompDVScrub=1
    ForceUsingDVAcm=1
    EnableDVAudioCache=1
    DVAudioCacheSizeMB=60
    paulw

Comment

paulw

Thanks for your post. I duly put in the line AviPlayEngineMCI=1 as you suggest.
      Re-booted and BINGO, problem solved for scrubbing and cutting the source !

I note there are 2 extra lines in your listing viz. NotSaveOpenDLM=1 and AlwaysKeepLastframe=1 that I don't have. Do you know the significance of these? Should I put them in as well?

btw I just got a reply from ULEAD to the the problem and they suggest everthing from replacement drivers to a re-install of Windows! How come they don't know this simple cure?

I haven't tried anything elaborate yet but hopefully all is well from now on.

Thanks again

Miklos

My section now reads:-

[HardwareACC]
      AviPlayEngineMCI=1
      DisableAcc1=1
      RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
      DirectAccessDVAudio=1
      EnableDVScrub=1
      RecompDVScrub=1
      ForceUsingDVAcm=1
      EnableDVAudioCache=1
      DVAudioCacheSizeMB=60

Comment

Hi Miklos,

Glad I could help.

Funny that Ulead dosen't know this as that's where the answers came from when 6.5 was released and also with the help of some folks in this news group.

Regarding the extra entries. They were suggested as a way of over comming other problems which I can't remember what they were..
        paulw

Comment

Hi Miklos,
          I hope I dont' bore you too much, but I would be interested to know if you have these other lines in your Ulead32.ini:

[Playback]
          RenderAudio = 1
          PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll
          PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
          PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
          PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll

Because, I need to put the first two lines under [Playback], otherwise, without those two, the output analog video (with mjpeg Matrox encoded movie) is stuttering.

How is your video?
          Please, let me know.
          Thank a lot

P.S. I use WIN98SE, Athlon with VIA 4.40, KT333 MSI Motherboard, 512 MB RAM PC2100, 2 HD (IBM 120GXP, 60GB)
          Daniele

Comment

Hi Daniele,

Regards your question I did not have the first line RenderAudio=1 but added it following ULEAD's Readme file for 6.5 suggested adding it for RR and G450. I was not having any trouble with audio (sync/stutter etc) without it so maybe the fact I have a MarvelG400TV lets me out. (although I gather they the same RR codec )

Just to experiment I disabled the first 2 lines and ran a capture. The only difference was that the <preview> window was not available (guess that relates the 2nd line) and nil frames were captured. However by switching to capture in <overlay> all was OK

Therefore it appears the answer is, I don't need the first line but need the 2nd if using <preview> capture. Using Matrox MJPEG capture produces first class video/sound output..I can't really fault it. I did try the substitute Morgan (Hardware)MJPEG codec but results were poor.

Incidentally the 2nd line is installed in the ulead32.ini (6.5) by default. If your results are OK with these 2 lines then you don't need to worry I guess.

Miklos

Comment

Daniele,

I note some missing text above. It is the Preview Window that is not available and switching to Overlay capture was OK.

Miklos

Comment

Working...
              X