Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some titling help with MS Pro 7 please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some titling help with MS Pro 7 please.

I'm trying to create a rolling title that starts and ends with text on screen. Version 6.5 could do this easily but I can't seem to get it happening in 7. I can create a rolling title but only if the text starts and ends off screen. Using a moving path instead of text animation doesn't work because only the text shown in the title preview window is available with the moving path.

I'm sure I'm missing something here!

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Hi Hulk Good eye I hadn't seen that rolling titles was missing.
    Could you explain the problem with using a moving path, as it seems to work for me. ( not sure what result your trying for)
    smitty

Comment

Hello and thanks for trying to help out.

Create more text than fits on the screen without rolling the text, i.e. two screen high worth of text.

Put a 2d moving path on it to roll the text.

You can only access the text shown in the main title area, or the first page of text.

-Mark
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Hi Mark Enter the the text as normal hitting enter and adding all the lines you wants. click on " use text size " (goofy term IMHO)
        smitty

Comment

That is interesting. It seems to work until the text is actually inserted into the timeline. At that point the text behaves normally, one screen's worth only. When checking the text properties, the "use text size" checkbox is unavailable.

?

Mark
          - Mark

Comment

If you add the text to the "A" or "B" track the box does gray out.
            If the text is added to an overlay track ,which is where it would normally be used , the text size box is available.Do you find the same?
            P.s. always wanted toask you what make is your 845PE m/b?
            smitty

Comment

Ooooo! Now I feel stupid! Duh, of course the title goes on an overlay track. Hopefully this thread will drop off the board quickly. My stupidity is here for all to enjoy.

My motherboard is Intel brand, I forget the actual model number. Not many tweaking features but supremely stable. Another $100 drop in the 3.06 P4 and I'm in.

Hey, thanks for hanging in there with me!

-Mark
              - Mark

Comment

Working...
              X