Next Rev of Drivers Won't Fix FS2k2 Text Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Rev of Drivers Won't Fix FS2k2 Text Problems

For those of you into FS2k2, thought you all might like to know that the next rev of drivers won't fix the corrupted text problem

Apparently there is something wrong between FAA and FS2k2. See the following thread: Matrox Gaming Forum

What a bummer. Perhaps FS2k4 will be out before they fix the problem.....
    Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

No drivers will ever fix the problem.
    It's a hardware bug with FAA on the current Parhelia chips.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the bad news I wish Matrox had been more forthcoming with this issue since I have been bugging them almost since release of the Parhelia (which replaced my G400MAX). They have been quite evasive on this subject. FS2k2 is about the only game I play, don't use triple (or double for that matter) head, and on my PIII933 FS2k2 doesn't perform $400 better. It is somewhat faster, but not that much. I would have returned the card if I had known this.

P.
      Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

Comment

Working...
      X