What is the Matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Matrix?

By complete accident I caught the final theatrical trailer for the Matrix Reloaded on Entertainment Tonight. So of course it's up on the web today. Fortunately the Wacowski brothers are nice enough to let you download the trailer to your hard drive, instead of cache hunting for it:

Enjoy!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

AWESOME

I can't wait for this to come out!! I read an article in newsweek, i think it was, a while back and oh yes it sounds so very cool and this only makes it better

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

what is the film release date?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Matrix: when Matrox buys Invidia
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Matrix Reloaded comes out 15 May 2003.

Matrix Revolutions (the final film) comes out 5 November 2003.

Yes, two in the same year

Explanation of the trailer...

SPOILER ALERT!!!! (highlight to read)

The computers discovers that Neo (Keanu Reeves) can exceed human limitations inside the Matrix and 'upgrades' the agents. Agent Smith 2.0 (yes that's his name) can now duplicate himself and bypass many/most of the rules of the Matrix, thus becoming an even bigger handful for Neo and crew.

Obviously, the Matrix has discovered the location of Zion (possibly from a pre-movie story from the Animatrix or something to be explained in the film, I haven't heard which yet) and is mounting an assault. Since the fleshies of Zion can't compete with the sheer power of the machines, Morpheous decides it's time to unplug the Matrix once and for all.

There's a new catch however. There are viruses in the Matrix. A master virus, forget the name, has begun to cause havok inside the Matrix, attacking everything from the Agents to the Freedom fighters. The Twins (the almost albino dreadlocked twins in white trenchcoats) are called ... well ... Twin 1 and Twin 2, are henchmen for the virus, and are viruses themselves. Thus the cool morphing tricks.

The rest of the movie has been prety much top secret.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

cool!

looking forward to see them.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

BitTorrent file location: http://f.scarywater.net/trailer_fina...dl.mov.torrent
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Of course the effects are stunning... But other than that, it is more of the same without the freshness of the original. I don't see that as a good thing.

Comment

well, the effects is what sells this type of movie so that is what you will see in the trailer.

trailers generally doesn´t represent a movie very accurately, they only show the effects and hints of a conflict. Just wait and see, the real movie will have a plot and a storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
                    Of course the effects are stunning... But other than that, it is more of the same without the freshness of the original. I don't see that as a good thing.
                    How can you say that without seeing the movie?
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

BTW, the sequel, is not just a lame attempt to make more money out of a succesful movie, by giving us a more of the same, but with updated special effects.

the matrix has always been planned as a trilogy, which means that the next too movies will expand the storyline with new excitng twists and plots, it isn´t just "matrix version 2, with extra toppings".

the three movies will form ONE epic storyline, and not repeat the original story, again and again.
                      Last edited by TdB; 11 April 2003, 13:25.

Comment

Yes, but will the 2nd movie deliver any messages or willit be all about special effects.

Comment

Something that original Star wars trilogy was... Not this Lucas-I-want-mo'-money stuff Episode 1 & 2... I'm really looking forward to Matrix 2&3. I only hope Wachovsky brothers don't make me eat my hat...

Comment

Yes, they are perfectionists, however it depends, wether they'll persist to get their ideas or will money prevail.

Comment

Well, I'm hoping that the studios realize that they're getting that money <I>because</I> of the brothers' ideas, which made such a fun first movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X