Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia and Electronic Arts in bed together

From Yahoo

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Graphics microchip maker Nvidia Corp. (Nasdaq:NVDA - news) and video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq:ERTS - news) said on Thursday they would collaborate to market and develop new games.

Under the terms of the deal, Nvidia hardware will become the "preferred" graphics platform for Electronic Arts's video game studios, and video games developed by Electronic Arts may offer features designed to work on Nvidia hardware.

Nvidia also said it will have exclusive rights to bundle Electronic Arts's games for personal computers with its products.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Come ATI for goodness sake get in there ...lol They need developer support and if anything all ATI seem to do is piss developers off ie DOOM 3 incident

Comment

This doesn't bode well for Matrox.

However, I don't think MS wants nVidia taking over monopoly of graphic market.

Comment

Matrox is already half dead. (Engineers gone to nV or ATI) Don't expect too much developer supports. (Think about it, tons of people out there have R3xx based cores, but still developers are siding with nV, probably because of their developers relations and their "well known" brand.

I think nV is very happy that they brought 3DFX

Ahh... the good old days when Matrox was king

Comment

This won't make any diff!
          EA was in bed with 3DFx once in a time
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

nVidia unofficially "buys" game companies' loyalty all the time (see "Neverwinter Nights" as a prime example). The fact that this is above-board is the shocking part.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

If nVidia continues their current trend with their gfx cards, the Geforce FX series, then I don't think ATI has much to worry about.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Working...
              X